Woodnet Forums
FS: Stanley #54 Spokeshave - SOLD - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: FS: Stanley #54 Spokeshave - SOLD (/showthread.php?tid=7353230)

FS: Stanley #54 Spokeshave - SOLD - JPRI - 02-29-2020

This is the one with spring tensioned throat and flat handles. Cutter lighted stamped with the SW tm, owners "V" mark, replaced screw, everything moved freely, needs a light cleaning.

$20 Plus $8 ship, USA only, PayPal.

RE: FS: Stanley #54 Spokeshave - toolmiser - 02-29-2020

Consider this a bump, I have one like it and the top screw on mine was missing the head. I luckily got it removed and sawed in a slot to use it, because I thought it was an "uncommon thread" (stanley I hear was famous for that). My question is, you said you replaced the screw, where did you find one the right thread? Thanks.

RE: FS: Stanley #54 Spokeshave - JPRI - 02-29-2020

(02-29-2020, 08:31 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Consider this a bump, I have one like it and the top screw on mine was missing the head.  I luckily got it removed and sawed in a slot to use it, because I thought it was an "uncommon thread" (stanley I hear was famous for that).  My question is, you said you replaced the screw, where did you find one the right thread?  Thanks.

Sale is PENDING.  I got it this way.  Screw is brass.  I removed it, and tried a correct screw from another Stanley spokeshave I have, and the correct screw fit fine, so the threads haven't been messed with.

RE: FS: Stanley #54 Spokeshave - Sale Pending - alanealane - 02-29-2020

That's a sweet shave. Instant depth of cut adjustability. It's my go to work horse for carving wooden wing top bows at my job
Smile