FS: Stanley #54 Spokeshave - SOLD
This is the one with spring tensioned throat and flat handles. Cutter lighted stamped with the SW tm, owners "V" mark, replaced screw, everything moved freely, needs a light cleaning.

$20 Plus $8 ship, USA only, PayPal.

Attached Files Image(s)

Consider this a bump, I have one like it and the top screw on mine was missing the head. I luckily got it removed and sawed in a slot to use it, because I thought it was an "uncommon thread" (stanley I hear was famous for that). My question is, you said you replaced the screw, where did you find one the right thread? Thanks.
(02-29-2020, 08:31 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Consider this a bump, I have one like it and the top screw on mine was missing the head.  I luckily got it removed and sawed in a slot to use it, because I thought it was an "uncommon thread" (stanley I hear was famous for that).  My question is, you said you replaced the screw, where did you find one the right thread?  Thanks.

Sale is PENDING.  I got it this way.  Screw is brass.  I removed it, and tried a correct screw from another Stanley spokeshave I have, and the correct screw fit fine, so the threads haven't been messed with.
That's a sweet shave. Instant depth of cut adjustability. It's my go to work horse for carving wooden wing top bows at my job
Smile
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]