Woodnet Forums
Domino dust adapter? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Domino dust adapter? (/showthread.php?tid=7354040)

Pages: 1 2

Domino dust adapter? - JDuke - 03-29-2020

Any good adapters to hook the domino to a standard shop vac?

I have a domino but can’t bring myself to spend 600-800 for a vacuum to hook it to.

Duke

RE: Domino dust adapter? - Lumber Yard® - 03-30-2020

Buy this hose and you'll be good to go: Bosch VAC005

RE: Domino dust adapter? - fredhargis - 03-30-2020

The 1 1/4" hose from my Fein fits right onto the port. But if your 1 1/4" hose doesn't fit exactly put some duct tape around the port...that's what i had to do with my PC biscuit joiner.

RE: Domino dust adapter? - Handplanesandmore - 03-30-2020

The machine doesn't require a tight fit to work. Even tape is not needed as long as the hose doesn't come off.

Simon

RE: Domino dust adapter? - mound - 03-30-2020

(03-29-2020, 09:26 PM)JDuke Wrote: Any good adapters to hook the domino to a standard shop vac?

I have a domino but can’t bring myself to spend 600-800 for a vacuum to hook it to.

Duke

I got this kit from Rockler:
https://www.rockler.com/dust-right-flexiport-power-tool-hose-kit-3-to-12-expandable

The small adapter fits perfectly on my Domino, the larger one fits perfectly on my TrackSaw

RE: Domino dust adapter? - cpolubin - 03-30-2020

Second vote for the Rockler hose.

Cliff

RE: Domino dust adapter? - GeeDub - 03-30-2020

I also use the Rockler adapter. Dislike the hose but, they now offer one that doesn't fight you as much.

RE: Domino dust adapter? - Robin Dobbie - 03-30-2020

Well there are different sizes of hoses on shopvacs. Mine's a tiny one that's 1.25. I got a rubbery stepped adapter for a few bucks. I wish I could find it, now. I mean, I have it, but can't find it online. A slightly flexible rubber seemed like a good choice when I bought it, and it hasn't let me down. But yeah, there's also a 2.5" shopvac standard. I imagine I would take my domino and vac hose to the store and find something that I knew for a fact would fit.

Like mentioned, the Fein hose fits right on the Domino. While it is a lot more powerful, and quieter, and offers better out-of-the-box filtration, both my $40 shopvac and the $250 Fein seem to leave a similar amount of dust in long mortises.

The bonus with the adapter I got is that if I remove the rubber dealy that comes with the Fein and place my third-party adapter backwards on my orbital sander, I can use the Fein for sanding. Which is preferred because it's so quiet compared to the shopvac and the filtration is better. The trade-off is that the Fein being so powerful puts off a lot of heat. Great for winter time, summer time not so much.

RE: Domino dust adapter? - JDuke - 03-30-2020

Thank you for all the suggestions

After looking at the options of adapters for hoses I already have I decided I wanted a more flexible hose so,
I’ve ordered the Bosch.

Thank you again for the suggestions

Duke

RE: Domino dust adapter? - BloomingtonMike - 03-30-2020

3d print one for your setup