Domino dust adapter?
Any good adapters to hook the domino to a standard shop vac?

I have a domino but can’t bring myself to spend 600-800 for a vacuum to hook it to.

Duke
Buy this hose and you'll be good to go: Bosch VAC005
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
The 1 1/4" hose from my Fein fits right onto the port. But if your 1 1/4" hose doesn't fit exactly put some duct tape around the port...that's what i had to do with my PC biscuit joiner.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
The machine doesn't require a tight fit to work. Even tape is not needed as long as the hose doesn't come off.

Simon
(03-29-2020, 09:26 PM)JDuke Wrote: Any good adapters to hook the domino to a standard shop vac?

I have a domino but can’t bring myself to spend 600-800 for a vacuum to hook it to.

Duke

I got this kit from Rockler:
https://www.rockler.com/dust-right-flexi...expandable

The small adapter fits perfectly on my Domino, the larger one fits perfectly on my TrackSaw
Second vote for the Rockler hose.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
I also use the Rockler adapter. Dislike the hose but, they now offer one that doesn't fight you as much.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

Well there are different sizes of hoses on shopvacs. Mine's a tiny one that's 1.25. I got a rubbery stepped adapter for a few bucks. I wish I could find it, now. I mean, I have it, but can't find it online. A slightly flexible rubber seemed like a good choice when I bought it, and it hasn't let me down. But yeah, there's also a 2.5" shopvac standard. I imagine I would take my domino and vac hose to the store and find something that I knew for a fact would fit.

Like mentioned, the Fein hose fits right on the Domino. While it is a lot more powerful, and quieter, and offers better out-of-the-box filtration, both my $40 shopvac and the $250 Fein seem to leave a similar amount of dust in long mortises.

The bonus with the adapter I got is that if I remove the rubber dealy that comes with the Fein and place my third-party adapter backwards on my orbital sander, I can use the Fein for sanding. Which is preferred because it's so quiet compared to the shopvac and the filtration is better. The trade-off is that the Fein being so powerful puts off a lot of heat. Great for winter time, summer time not so much.
Thank you for all the suggestions

After looking at the options of adapters for hoses I already have I decided I wanted a more flexible hose so,
I’ve ordered the Bosch.

Thank you again for the suggestions

Duke
3d print one for your setup

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.