Woodnet Forums
AMAZING customer service. - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: AMAZING customer service. (/showthread.php?tid=7354547)

AMAZING customer service. - iublue - 04-14-2020

The back story is that I bought a Clear Vue Cyclone off of a guy that lived over by Toledo.  It was new since he had never installed it.  That was probably at least 5 or 6 years ago and IIRC he said he had the unit for over a year but had never gotten the time to install it.

About 3-4 weeks ago, I noticed that I was getting a vibration in the unit.  A friend suggestion that maybe it was due to dust build up.  Sunday I finally took the time to pull the motor/impeller assembly to look at it.  There wasn't much dust on the blades but I cleaned it off but as I was cleaning, I notice that one blade was bent a little and another one was bent a LOT.  Crap.  There was my vibration.

I have a 16" impeller and I knew I had seen on the S&S forum that someone had a 15" impeller.  I called the company and gave them all the pertinent information yesterday.  They informed me that a 15" impeller would not work without changing the housing too so there went that idea.  I asked about the possibility of straightening the blades.  She said she would call me back today after talking it over with her co-workers, maybe even the owner.

She did call today and asked again if the unit was new when I bought it.  I said yes, it was still in the boxes.  She said she had good news for me and proceeded to tell me that they would send me a new impeller and I was only responsible for the shipping charges of $25!!  WOW.

She was a delightful lady, the company stood behind a unit that I didn't even buy from them and I am one HAPPY camper.  I had no idea that they would do this and I didn't ask for it.  AMAZING.  I know where I am going if I ever need another cyclone.

Toney

RE: AMAZING customer service. - MarkSingleton - 04-14-2020

That is cool. Have heard many times that they are a stand up company.
Through changes of ownership once, too!!!

RE: AMAZING customer service. - sweensdv2 - 04-14-2020

Very refreshing to hear a positive experience for a change. Kudos to Clear Vue.

RE: AMAZING customer service. - jteneyck - 04-14-2020

Smart company.  And now they have a new salesperson who works for free.  

John

RE: AMAZING customer service. - Tapper - 04-14-2020

Great story - "People buy from people they like"; it never changes!

Doug

RE: AMAZING customer service. - Tim J. Chase - 04-17-2020

Best story I heard all week Good job sir.

RE: AMAZING customer service. - Phil Thien - 04-17-2020

I don't even imagine you realize how amazing that was.

Well-done CV!

RE: AMAZING customer service. - Big Dave - 04-17-2020

Good companies keep their customers with good service.

Well Done, CV!