Woodnet Forums
I must be getting old - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: I must be getting old (/showthread.php?tid=7355225)

Pages: 1 2 3

I must be getting old - WoodworkerTom - 05-12-2020

Making some built in bookcases for the basement and went to Menards to get some Tigerply prefinished 3/4" ply for the cases. Holy cow, I could barely get them off the shelf and loaded in the cart, they were a lot heavier than any other plywood I have lifted in the past, more like MDF but it had a plywood kerf core.

I was so happy when I got them broken down, a lot easier to move around. I feel like they changed something in the core, I dont remember the sheets being that heavy, I must be getting old.

RE: I must be getting old - sroxberg - 05-12-2020

Yep, I just turned 62 and have been throwing some sheets around as well that seem to be made of lead. 

Can't be that I'm older and out of shape.

RE: I must be getting old - Phil S. - 05-12-2020

I bought a sheet of plywood from HD and had them rip it roughly in half so it would be easier to pack down to the house.  I could have done a cleaner job with an ax. 
Mad  I don't know how long the blade has been in their panel saw, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is original with the store.  That's what I get for being lazy.  Next time I'll cut it myself in the driveway.

RE: I must be getting old - oakey - 05-13-2020

it has to be the new lead based glue sheets are getting heavier

RE: I must be getting old - Halfathumb - 05-13-2020

I'm 72 and my 20V drills have increased in weight. Not that my youthful age has anything to do with it! 
Rolleyes

Jim

RE: I must be getting old - Bobby Thompson - 05-18-2020

I recently ran across some melamine board for $15 per sheet. They were advertised as 4'x10'. When they loaded them (with a fudge lift) one of them was 5'x10'. I had a friend help me unload but I needed 3 friends.

RE: I must be getting old - EdL - 05-18-2020

Can't be us getting older....

Went rabbit hunting last winter, the darn things have gotten faster than they used to be.

Sarcasm

Ed

RE: I must be getting old - AHill - 05-19-2020

I'm almost 64.  Things I've noticed in the last few years:

Font size is smaller on practically everything I have to read.
People speak more softly than they used to.
Nobody sees the same colors I do.  They are all blind.
Everybody else's memory is failing.  They certainly don't remember the same things I do.

It can't be me that's changing.  Probably everyone else.

RE: I must be getting old - Admiral - 05-19-2020

(05-19-2020, 06:17 AM)AHill Wrote: Everybody else's memory is failing.  They certainly don't remember the same things I do.

It can't be me that's changing.  Probably everyone else.

Well, count me as one of them.  I can't remember when I started forgetting......

RE: I must be getting old - Allen - 05-19-2020

Yeah, what happened to those days when we could throw bales of hay all day long. Have contests as to who could throw a bale the highest to top off the wagon , go party half the night and then get up with the chickens and do it all over again. 

Al