I must be getting old

Making some built in bookcases for the basement and went to Menards to get some Tigerply prefinished 3/4" ply for the cases. Holy cow, I could barely get them off the shelf and loaded in the cart, they were a lot heavier than any other plywood I have lifted in the past, more like MDF but it had a plywood kerf core.

I was so happy when I got them broken down, a lot easier to move around. I feel like they changed something in the core, I dont remember the sheets being that heavy, I must be getting old.
  Re: I must be getting old by WoodworkerTom (Making some built in...)
Yep, I just turned 62 and have been throwing some sheets around as well that seem to be made of lead. 

Can't be that I'm older and out of shape.
I bought a sheet of plywood from HD and had them rip it roughly in half so it would be easier to pack down to the house.  I could have done a cleaner job with an ax.  Mad  I don't know how long the blade has been in their panel saw, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is original with the store.  That's what I get for being lazy.  Next time I'll cut it myself in the driveway.
it has to be the new lead based glue sheets are getting heavier
I'm 72 and my 20V drills have increased in weight. Not that my youthful age has anything to do with it!  Rolleyes

Jim
I recently ran across some melamine board for $15 per sheet. They were advertised as 4'x10'. When they loaded them (with a fudge lift) one of them was 5'x10'. I had a friend help me unload but I needed 3 friends.
BAT

A man wearing a helmet defending our nation should make more money than a man wearing a helmet playing games!
Can't be us getting older....

Went rabbit hunting last winter, the darn things have gotten faster than they used to be.

Sarcasm

Ed
I'm almost 64.  Things I've noticed in the last few years:

Font size is smaller on practically everything I have to read.
People speak more softly than they used to.
Nobody sees the same colors I do.  They are all blind.
Everybody else's memory is failing.  They certainly don't remember the same things I do.

It can't be me that's changing.  Probably everyone else.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
  Re: RE: I must be getting old by AHill (I'm almost 64.  Thin...)
(05-19-2020, 07:17 AM)AHill Wrote: Everybody else's memory is failing.  They certainly don't remember the same things I do.

It can't be me that's changing.  Probably everyone else.

Well, count me as one of them.  I can't remember when I started forgetting......
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Yeah, what happened to those days when we could throw bales of hay all day long. Have contests as to who could throw a bale the highest to top off the wagon , go party half the night and then get up with the chickens and do it all over again. 

Al
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.