Woodnet Forums
Trim router suggestions - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Trim router suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=7355627)

Pages: 1 2 3

Trim router suggestions - Koda64 - 05-31-2020

Howd all. Iam in the market for a trim router and with so many on the market I wanted to see if anyone can give me their opinion on which one I should look at and why.
Thanks in advance

RE: Trim router suggestions - lift mechanic - 05-31-2020

DeWalt DWP 611 is my go to palm router. You can get it with a plunge base or the standard adjustable base. I have a Bosch plam router but I find it does not hold the depth setting as well as the DeWalt.

RE: Trim router suggestions - Koda64 - 05-31-2020

That's one I was looking at. How do you like the LED on it and thanks for the input

RE: Trim router suggestions - Derek Cohen - 05-31-2020

Also look at the Makita. It comes in for a lot of praise, both for the power and ergonomics. I believe that is also has the most accessory bases available.

I have the corded version, and it is vibration-free.

Regards from Perth

Derek

RE: Trim router suggestions - Koda64 - 05-31-2020

"Also look at the Makita. It comes in for a lot of praise, both for the power and ergonomics. I believe that is also has the most accessory bases available."

What model?

RE: Trim router suggestions - Tapper - 06-01-2020

(05-31-2020, 09:13 PM)Koda64 Wrote: "Also look at the Makita. It comes in for a lot of praise, both for the power and ergonomics. I believe that is also has the most accessory bases available."

What model?

Makita on Amazon?

Doug

RE: Trim router suggestions - Derek Cohen - 06-01-2020

This one (there is only one cordless) ..

https://www.amazon.com/Makita-XTR01T7-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless/dp/B074C31YML/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=makita+cordless+router&qid=1591031460&sr=8-1

Regards from Perth

Derek

RE: Trim router suggestions - Koda64 - 06-01-2020

Thanks gents for the suggestions... Its making it so much more difficult.

RE: Trim router suggestions - lift mechanic - 06-01-2020

As far as the LED on the DeWalt I don't really find it that useful but I do not do any detailed routing. I can not comment on the Mikita routers, but they must be good with all the comments above. I have 3 DeWalts with one mounted in a bench top router table.

RE: Trim router suggestions - Hank Knight - 06-01-2020

I spent yesterday afternoon routing the waste from half blind dovetail sockets. It's all hand work and I needed to be very careful not to rout overt the line. The LED light on my DeWalt 611 was invaluable. I also bought the after-market dust collection attachment that hooks into the plunge base. It was perfect - kept all the chips and dust out of my line of sight. The dust/chip collection and the LED light made the job a piece of cake. I have a Bosch Colt palm/trim router. It rarely sees the light of day since I bought the DeWalt 611.