Trim router suggestions
Howd all. Iam in the market for a trim router and with so many on the market I wanted to see if anyone can give me their opinion on which one I should look at and why.
Thanks in advance
DeWalt DWP 611 is my go to palm router. You can get it with a plunge base or the standard adjustable base. I have a Bosch plam router but I find it does not hold the depth setting as well as the DeWalt.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
That's one I was looking at. How do you like the LED on it and thanks for the input
Also look at the Makita. It comes in for a lot of praise, both for the power and ergonomics. I believe that is also has the most accessory bases available.

I have the corded version, and it is vibration-free.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
"Also look at the Makita. It comes in for a lot of praise, both for the power and ergonomics. I believe that is also has the most accessory bases available."

What model?
(05-31-2020, 09:13 PM)Koda64 Wrote: "Also look at the Makita. It comes in for a lot of praise, both for the power and ergonomics. I believe that is also has the most accessory bases available."

What model?

Makita on Amazon?

Doug
This one (there is only one cordless) ..

https://www.amazon.com/Makita-XTR01T7-Li...460&sr=8-1

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Thanks gents for the suggestions... Its making it so much more difficult.
As far as the LED on the DeWalt I don't really find it that useful but I do not do any detailed routing. I can not comment on the Mikita routers, but they must be good with all the comments above. I have 3 DeWalts with one mounted in a bench top router table.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
I spent yesterday afternoon routing the waste from half blind dovetail sockets. It's all hand work and I needed to be very careful not to rout overt the line. The LED light on my DeWalt 611 was invaluable. I also bought the after-market dust collection attachment that hooks into the plunge base. It was perfect - kept all the chips and dust out of my line of sight. The dust/chip collection and the LED light made the job a piece of cake. I have a Bosch Colt palm/trim router. It rarely sees the light of day since I bought the DeWalt 611.