Woodnet Forums
Finished my out-feed assembly table - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Finished my out-feed assembly table (/showthread.php?tid=7356315)

Pages: 1 2

Finished my out-feed assembly table - Terry W - 07-02-2020

[attachment=28026]
Just finished an out-feed, assembly table for my SawStop. It's 3ft x 5ft with 8 drawers and is on leveling casters so it can be moved when needed. The top is a torsion box made with 1/2" MDF and trimmed with red Oak. It over hangs about 3 inches on three sides to allow for clamping. A couple of odd mods had to be made. I added a 2x2 inch extension strip (black) to allow a more continuous transition from the top of the saw. Also, I had to cut a notch at the bottom of the saw side of the table to allow clearance for the dust port & hose that runs under the table.
[attachment=28026]
[attachment=28027]
[attachment=28028]
[attachment=28029]

It may not be the best design out there, but it replaces an old hollow core door that sat on two old kitchen cabinet bases. I know I'm going to enjoy the upgrade.

RE: Finished my out-feed assembly table - R Clark - 07-02-2020

Looks great!

The best design is the design that works for you in your shop.

When I moved into my current shop 6 years ago, I only had "slap-dash" outfeed and assembly tables.  Fortunately, I had plenty of square footage available, so I ended up building a 4 foot square outfeed/assembly table/workbench.  Like yours, it abuts my tablesaw, although I didn't make it mobile.  That work surface transformed my shop.  I use it every day.

Enjoy!

RE: Finished my out-feed assembly table - Hank Knight - 07-02-2020

That looks very nice, Terry. You're going to enjoy the storage space.

RE: Finished my out-feed assembly table - fredhargis - 07-02-2020

Nicely done, is there anything connecting it to the saw?

RE: Finished my out-feed assembly table - GeeDub - 07-02-2020

Great job Terry. An outfeed that add function and storage. What a welcome upgrade for you. Nice mod in adding the strip to fill the gap. My table also has an offset and shape to accommodate this. I currently run my table below the miter slots but, after a few years of use I think I will be adjusting it up and adding slots.

RE: Finished my out-feed assembly table - stav - 07-02-2020

Looks great to me.  Lots of storage is a must.

RE: Finished my out-feed assembly table - Terry W - 07-02-2020

(07-02-2020, 10:12 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Nicely done, is there anything connecting it to the saw?

No, nothing connecting it to the saw. It's just as close as I can get it but about 1/8" lower than the height of the saw's table.

RE: Finished my out-feed assembly table - shoottmx - 07-02-2020

Aewsome outfeed/storage design. You're gonna love it!

g

RE: Finished my out-feed assembly table - Stwood_ - 07-02-2020

Very nice. Looks well made

RE: Finished my out-feed assembly table - EdL - 07-02-2020

Very nice, looks like it'll work good. I like the drawers for storage.

Ed