Woodnet Forums
Arts and Crafts style lamps - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Arts and Crafts style lamps (/showthread.php?tid=7356354)

Pages: 1 2 3

Arts and Crafts style lamps - Eurekan - 07-03-2020

Always wanted to make some Arts and Crafts lamps but never got around to it. Then finally during this flu crisis I did. I did a table lamp first. I designed it with the influence of several different lamps I saw. White oak, mica shade.
[attachment=28051]

I was pretty proud of that so I designed a floor lamp to go with it. QSWO with mica shade. The legs are glue-ups so the QSWO shows on all sides. One leg is hollow to allow the cord to pass through. 
[attachment=28052]

Surprisingly, these did not take very long to make. The lamp portions are made using a template to position the lattice work properly and that helped immensely. Both shades are the same size and again a template was used to make the sides. Aniline dyes with spray satin poly.

RE: Arts and Crafts style lamps - MsNomer - 07-03-2020

Both are beautiful!!

RE: Arts and Crafts style lamps - K. L. McReynolds - 07-03-2020

Really nice work!!!!

RE: Arts and Crafts style lamps - RogerD - 07-03-2020

Where did you buy the mica?

RE: Arts and Crafts style lamps - RogerD - 07-03-2020

Beautiful lamps. Where did you buy the mica?

RE: Arts and Crafts style lamps - professore - 07-03-2020

I've always liked that style and your execution is beautiful.

Frank S in IA

RE: Arts and Crafts style lamps - Eurekan - 07-03-2020

(07-03-2020, 04:20 PM)RogerD Wrote: Beautiful lamps.  Where did you buy the mica?

I bought the mica sheets from Asheville Mica. Couple of sizes and finishes available. I was very careful in the layout and when I finished I had just a little left.

RE: Arts and Crafts style lamps - Gary G™ - 07-03-2020

Very well done; I too have been meaning to make some similar.

RE: Arts and Crafts style lamps - GeeDub - 07-03-2020

Nicely done. I like the design and execution. These are a bucket list item for me.

RE: Arts and Crafts style lamps - lift mechanic - 07-03-2020

Very nice. They are on my to do list. QSWO is my favorite wood. Did you do lock miters on the legs?