Woodnet Forums
Replace just the plastic piece on stop button? Jointer - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Replace just the plastic piece on stop button? Jointer (/showthread.php?tid=7357494)

Pages: 1 2 3

Replace just the plastic piece on stop button? Jointer - themoon - 08-29-2020

I broke the small push red button on my jointer. The whole thing still works, in fact I can even sometimes sort of get the plastic knob to go back in and turn the unit off.
Any ideas on how to replace just that? Everything I find on grizzly wants to replace the entire assembly, which is almost $30! Was hoping to somehow just but the plastic piece, or figure out a way to fix it?

RE: Replace just the plastic piece on stop button? Jointer - fredhargis - 08-30-2020

Can you just put a piece of dowel into the hollow center of the white tube and line it up? Personally I'd be inclined to replace the whole switch, this is just one of those things.

RE: Replace just the plastic piece on stop button? Jointer - med-one - 08-30-2020

For only $30.00, I'd just replace it. Not much money.

RE: Replace just the plastic piece on stop button? Jointer - themoon - 08-30-2020

You all talk like your made of money. Anyone want to send me "only" $30?

The dowel thing is a neat idea but there is a light bulb in there. Guess I'll spend the money that I have lying around.

//I'm kidding btw

RE: Replace just the plastic piece on stop button? Jointer - Lumber Yard® - 08-30-2020

Without knowing for sure, I am betting you could wire up almost any E-stop and get it to work. Something like this maybe... https://www.ebay.com/itm/660V-Self-Locking-CNC-Mushroom-Cap-Emergency-Stop-Push-Button-Switch-NO-NC-US/383683719180?hash=item595554f00c:g:AO8AAOSwvWVfPUX4

RE: Replace just the plastic piece on stop button? Jointer - themoon - 08-30-2020

Oooo, that is dirt cheap too.
If I can show you the back of the current one, would that give you a better idea if it would work?

Here it is:
Both sides of it.

RE: Replace just the plastic piece on stop button? Jointer - BpB123 - 08-30-2020

If you like the dowel idea but are concerned with the light.... can you find some pvc pipe or other tubing that would work? If a little smaller, some tape on the outside of the tube could solve diameter deltas

Just a thought

Ooo hey, good idea. I'm gonna try that. Thanks!!

RE: Replace just the plastic piece on stop button? Jointer - stav - 08-30-2020

Or drill out the dowel.