Woodnet Forums
Forest blade sharpening - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Forest blade sharpening (/showthread.php?tid=7358387)

Pages: 1 2

Forest blade sharpening - Kansas City Fireslayer - 10-19-2020

I have 2-3 Forest blades that need teeth replaced and sharpening. Has anyone used Forest sharpening services post COVID times and what was your turn around time?

Thanks

RE: Forest blade sharpening - Halfathumb - 10-19-2020

(10-19-2020, 06:11 AM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: I have 2-3 Forest blades that need teeth replaced and sharpening.  Has anyone used Forest sharpening services post COVID times and what was your turn around time?  

Thanks

I too like Forrest blades but haven't used their sharpening service. In Springfield, Mo there's a place that I've used for sharpening and tooth replacement with a lot of satisfaction. They are Ballew Saw and I'm certain you can send your blades there. If you intend to come down say for a trip to Grizzley, they're not open on weekends. Assuming you are in KC

Jim

RE: Forest blade sharpening - rwe2156 - 10-19-2020

IIRC it took about 3 weeks to get a dado set and 1 blade back.

I did start to wonder as I never got a notice they received the blades. I never got a response, but the next day I got a shipping notice.

RE: Forest blade sharpening - lift mechanic - 10-19-2020

Used them several weeks ago and in the past. I did not notice any difference in there service, always great.

RE: Forest blade sharpening - Stwood_ - 10-19-2020

(10-19-2020, 08:22 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: I too like Forrest blades but haven't used their sharpening service. In Springfield, Mo there's a place that I've used for sharpening and tooth replacement with a lot of satisfaction. They are Ballew Saw and I'm certain you can send your blades there. If you intend to come down say for a trip to Grizzley, they're not open on weekends. Assuming you are in KC

Jim

I'll second Ballew. Great service. I've had a lot of molding cutters made there as well.
I think Jack's son is probably running the place by now.
I used to have an account there and was there often, but haven't been there in several years.
Bought a new powermatic shaper from them, plus a lot of PC tools

RE: Forest blade sharpening - Kansas City Fireslayer - 10-19-2020

My uncle has used American Grinding here in KC for his Systi-matic blades in the past. Don’t know if they’re still open. I figured Forest would probably service their blades best. I hate to be without my 8.25” Forest slider blade for too long. I’ve got a backup Freud for the TS.

RE: Forest blade sharpening - BC in CT - 10-19-2020

I'll recommend their sharpening service as well, I've used them a number of times for sharpening and tooth replacement. Service has been great and the blades come back nice and sharp.

RE: Forest blade sharpening - camp10 - 10-21-2020

In September, I sent two blades to be sharpened and checked over.

I got them back in about 3 weeks. They did a great job.

RE: Forest blade sharpening - Kansas City Fireslayer - 10-21-2020

Yep. I’ve decided to send them to Forest and forego local options. 3 weeks will be ok. I’ll report back.

RE: Forest blade sharpening - Gary G™ - 10-23-2020

Any good TS blade sharpening service these days will be computer automated and do a fine job.