Forest blade sharpening

I have 2-3 Forest blades that need teeth replaced and sharpening. Has anyone used Forest sharpening services post COVID times and what was your turn around time?

Thanks

Re: Forest blade sharpening by Kansas City Fireslayer (I have 2-3 Forest bl...)
(10-19-2020, 06:11 AM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: I have 2-3 Forest blades that need teeth replaced and sharpening.  Has anyone used Forest sharpening services post COVID times and what was your turn around time?  

Thanks

I too like Forrest blades but haven't used their sharpening service. In Springfield, Mo there's a place that I've used for sharpening and tooth replacement with a lot of satisfaction. They are Ballew Saw and I'm certain you can send your blades there. If you intend to come down say for a trip to Grizzley, they're not open on weekends. Assuming you are in KC

Jim
Jim
  Re: RE: Forest blade sharpening by Halfathumb ([quote='Kansas City ...)
IIRC it took about 3 weeks to get a dado set and 1 blade back.

I did start to wonder as I never got a notice they received the blades. I never got a response, but the next day I got a shipping notice.
Used them several weeks ago and in the past. I did not notice any difference in there service, always great.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“ You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
20 year cancer survivor
  Re: RE: Forest blade sharpening by Halfathumb ([quote='Kansas City ...)
(10-19-2020, 08:22 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: I too like Forrest blades but haven't used their sharpening service. In Springfield, Mo there's a place that I've used for sharpening and tooth replacement with a lot of satisfaction. They are Ballew Saw and I'm certain you can send your blades there. If you intend to come down say for a trip to Grizzley, they're not open on weekends. Assuming you are in KC

Jim

I'll second Ballew. Great service. I've had a lot of molding cutters made there as well.
I think Jack's son is probably running the place by now.
I used to have an account there and was there often, but haven't been there in several years.
Bought a new powermatic shaper from them, plus a lot of PC tools
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

My uncle has used American Grinding here in KC for his Systi-matic blades in the past. Don’t know if they’re still open. I figured Forest would probably service their blades best. I hate to be without my 8.25” Forest slider blade for too long. I’ve got a backup Freud for the TS.

I'll recommend their sharpening service as well, I've used them a number of times for sharpening and tooth replacement. Service has been great and the blades come back nice and sharp.
In September, I sent two blades to be sharpened and checked over.

I got them back in about 3 weeks. They did a great job.
Yep. I’ve decided to send them to Forest and forego local options. 3 weeks will be ok. I’ll report back.

Any good TS blade sharpening service these days will be computer automated and do a fine job.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.