Woodnet Forums
Drum Sander Table Belt Seam Failure - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Drum Sander Table Belt Seam Failure (/showthread.php?tid=7360850)

Drum Sander Table Belt Seam Failure - prscustom24 - 02-11-2021

The table belt on my Performax 22-44 drum sander failed at the tape seam after about 1/2 revolution. Went online to order another — 3M 362RZ P100 XODUST Film. Every source I’ve looked at tells me it’s obsolete.

As it’s a clean detach of the two ends at the tape seam, I might try reconnecting the loop. Anybody have this experience and try this? What adhesive would you recommend? Alternatively, anybody know a source that still stocks these?

RE: Drum Sander Table Belt Seam Failure - jteneyck - 02-11-2021

(02-11-2021, 01:06 PM)prscustom24 Wrote: The table belt on my Performax 22-44 drum sander failed at the tape seam after about 1/2 revolution. Went online to order another — 3M 362RZ P100 XODUST Film. Every source I’ve looked at tells me it’s obsolete.

As it’s a clean detach of the two ends at the tape seam, I might try reconnecting the loop. Anybody have this experience and try this? What adhesive would you recommend? Alternatively, anybody know a source that still stocks these?

2Sand or one of the other abrasives suppliers makes custom made belts to fit anything.  Do a Google search; I'm sure you'll find one.  

John

RE: Drum Sander Table Belt Seam Failure - stav - 02-11-2021

Had the same issue w my Ryobi sander. There was a video on YouTube showing the use of Super Glue (CA, think its the same stuff). It seemed to work but I had to sell it shortly after making the fix.

RE: Drum Sander Table Belt Seam Failure - KC - 02-11-2021

(02-11-2021, 01:06 PM)prscustom24 Wrote: The table belt on my Performax 22-44 drum sander failed at the tape seam after about 1/2 revolution. Went online to order another — 3M 362RZ P100 XODUST Film. Every source I’ve looked at tells me it’s obsolete.

Klingspor (The sanding Catalog maybe)

RE: Drum Sander Table Belt Seam Failure - jteneyck - 02-11-2021

(02-11-2021, 04:37 PM)KC Wrote: Klingspor (The sanding Catalog maybe)

Yes, exactly.  Link  

And from 2-Sand:  Link

John

RE: Drum Sander Table Belt Seam Failure - CARYinWA - 02-11-2021

Industrial abrasive will make custom belts as well.

RE: Drum Sander Table Belt Seam Failure - Ohio Mike - 02-12-2021

Highland Woodworking sells them too.

[Image: 50935763348_deac37590f_c.jpg]