Drum Sander Table Belt Seam Failure

The table belt on my Performax 22-44 drum sander failed at the tape seam after about 1/2 revolution. Went online to order another — 3M 362RZ P100 XODUST Film. Every source I’ve looked at tells me it’s obsolete.

As it’s a clean detach of the two ends at the tape seam, I might try reconnecting the loop. Anybody have this experience and try this? What adhesive would you recommend? Alternatively, anybody know a source that still stocks these?
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." -- Arthur Schopenhauer
  Re: Drum Sander Table Belt Seam Failure by prscustom24 (The table belt on my...)
(02-11-2021, 01:06 PM)prscustom24 Wrote: The table belt on my Performax 22-44 drum sander failed at the tape seam after about 1/2 revolution. Went online to order another — 3M 362RZ P100 XODUST Film. Every source I’ve looked at tells me it’s obsolete.

As it’s a clean detach of the two ends at the tape seam, I might try reconnecting the loop. Anybody have this experience and try this? What adhesive would you recommend? Alternatively, anybody know a source that still stocks these?

2Sand or one of the other abrasives suppliers makes custom made belts to fit anything.  Do a Google search; I'm sure you'll find one.  

John
  Re: Drum Sander Table Belt Seam Failure by prscustom24 (The table belt on my...)
Had the same issue w my Ryobi sander. There was a video on YouTube showing the use of Super Glue (CA, think its the same stuff). It seemed to work but I had to sell it shortly after making the fix.
(02-11-2021, 01:06 PM)prscustom24 Wrote: The table belt on my Performax 22-44 drum sander failed at the tape seam after about 1/2 revolution. Went online to order another — 3M 362RZ P100 XODUST Film. Every source I’ve looked at tells me it’s obsolete.

Klingspor (The sanding Catalog maybe)
  Re: RE: Drum Sander Table Belt Seam Failure by KC ([quote='prscustom24'...)
(02-11-2021, 04:37 PM)KC Wrote: Klingspor (The sanding Catalog maybe)

Yes, exactly.  Link  

And from 2-Sand:  Link

John
Industrial abrasive will make custom belts as well.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"

Highland Woodworking sells them too.