Woodnet Forums
wrong thread but need help - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: wrong thread but need help (/showthread.php?tid=7361344)

wrong thread but need help - varkpilot - 03-03-2021

My question doesn't belong here..........apologies in advance

Tried other threads.

Trying to post pics of my PC router but rejected for size..........too many MGBs.

How do I reduce a .jpg to an acceptable size.

RE: wrong thread but need help - Scott W - 03-03-2021

(03-03-2021, 08:47 PM)varkpilot Wrote: My question doesn't belong here..........apologies in advance

Tried other threads.

Trying to post pics of my PC router but rejected for size..........too many MGBs.

I am on a mobile so I use a photo editor app to resize it.  Really easy for me. I don't know about anything else.

RE: wrong thread but need help - TDKPE - 03-03-2021

(03-03-2021, 08:47 PM)varkpilot Wrote: My question doesn't belong here..........apologies in advance

Tried other threads.

MS Paint has a handy ‘resize’ button.  That’s what I usually use, since it’s already on my machine.  If it’s a photo I don’t want to ruin, I use ‘save as’ and add “reduced”, “cropped”, or whatever to the end of the file name.

RE: wrong thread but need help - cputnam - 03-03-2021

Any competent photo editor can do the deed. I use Lightroom. Irfanview is a nice pic viewer that can resize and is free.

RE: wrong thread but need help - R Clark - 03-04-2021

What operating system are you using?  Windows or Mac?

I use Mac and it has a resident application called Preview.  Preview will allow me to resize a picture to reduce the size.  It's not intuitive, but it's how I generate pictures for posting here. 

If you have a Mac, I can step you through the process.

RE: wrong thread but need help - stav - 03-04-2021

If you are taking pics on a phone, check your settings and reduce the megapixel level you are using. The phone might also have a built in that will resize it for you as well.