wrong thread but need help
My question doesn't belong here..........apologies in advance

Tried other threads.

Trying to post pics of my PC router but rejected for size..........too many MGBs.

How do I reduce a .jpg to an acceptable size.
(03-03-2021, 08:47 PM)varkpilot Wrote: My question doesn't belong here..........apologies in advance

Tried other threads.

Trying to post pics of my PC router but rejected for size..........too many MGBs.

I am on a mobile so I use a photo editor app to resize it.  Really easy for me. I don't know about anything else.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
(03-03-2021, 08:47 PM)varkpilot Wrote: My question doesn't belong here..........apologies in advance

Tried other threads.

MS Paint has a handy ‘resize’ button.  That’s what I usually use, since it’s already on my machine.  If it’s a photo I don’t want to ruin, I use ‘save as’ and add “reduced”, “cropped”, or whatever to the end of the file name.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Any competent photo editor can do the deed. I use Lightroom. Irfanview is a nice pic viewer that can resize and is free.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
What operating system are you using?  Windows or Mac?

I use Mac and it has a resident application called Preview.  Preview will allow me to resize a picture to reduce the size.  It's not intuitive, but it's how I generate pictures for posting here. 

If you have a Mac, I can step you through the process.
If you are taking pics on a phone, check your settings and reduce the megapixel level you are using. The phone might also have a built in that will resize it for you as well.