Woodnet Forums
Cremation urn - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Cremation urn (/showthread.php?tid=7361826)

Pages: 1 2

Cremation urn - SteveS - 03-26-2021

Made it for the SILs father who died a few years ago.

Vessel (488 segments): WBLM, African blackwood, Santos mohagany, Brazilian bloodwood, Eastern maple.
Lid (112 segments): bubinga, Honduran rosewood, WBLM, African blackwood, Eastern maple.

15 in diam x 20 in high

[attachment=34398]

RE: Cremation urn - Halfathumb - 03-27-2021

(03-26-2021, 08:52 PM)SteveS Wrote: Made it for the SILs father who died a few years ago.

Vessel (488 segments): WBLM, African blackwood, Santos mohagany, Brazilian bloodwood, Eastern maple.
Lid (112 segments): bubinga, Honduran rosewood, WBLM, African blackwood, Eastern maple.

15 in diam x 20 in high

Wow! Beautiful

RE: Cremation urn - Gary G™ - 03-27-2021

Beautiful workmanship

RE: Cremation urn - hcbph - 03-27-2021

Beautiful work.  Now a question, not a negative: I though the internal volume of a cremation urn should be less than the size of a coffee can for a large frame man.  Was this one designed for visual effect vs. capacity requirements? To me it looks significantly larger than needed for containing the remains.

RE: Cremation urn - Arlin Eastman - 03-27-2021

VERY nice and well done my friend.

Did you do it from a pla n or drawing?  I would like a copy if you can.

RE: Cremation urn - SteveS - 03-27-2021

This was my own design. I don't use plans for my work. I made it much larger than it need be because I wanted to make it so.

RE: Cremation urn - Turner52 - 03-27-2021

Very nice piece. When I made one that will contain my wife and myself i researched online. Recomendation is 1 cubic inch per pound of body weight. This would be the minimum Oviously no maximum so you can make what you like. Ours will eventually be taken out into the Bay of Green Bay and sunk tied to a cement block. it is glued together with Titebond 2 and about 15 coats of lacquer. Don't know how long before that fails, but eventually we will be swept out into lake Michigan She has always loved the Bay She is now in a ursing home with alzheimers. Yes probably illegal but that is what will happen.

RE: Cremation urn - wing nut - 03-27-2021

I've made a couple of urns, beautiful work, I'm sure he's going to enjoy it.  
I've made one for myself, however I prefer to be scattered over the local lake or river.

RE: Cremation urn - shoottmx - 03-27-2021

Incredible attention to detail.

g

RE: Cremation urn - AHill - 03-27-2021

Very nice!

Now what exactly is WBLM?