Cremation urn
Made it for the SILs father who died a few years ago.

Vessel (488 segments): WBLM, African blackwood, Santos mohagany, Brazilian bloodwood, Eastern maple.
Lid (112 segments): bubinga, Honduran rosewood, WBLM, African blackwood, Eastern maple.

15 in diam x 20 in high

Cellulose runs through my veins!
(03-26-2021, 08:52 PM)SteveS Wrote: Made it for the SILs father who died a few years ago.

Vessel (488 segments): WBLM, African blackwood, Santos mohagany, Brazilian bloodwood, Eastern maple.
Lid (112 segments): bubinga, Honduran rosewood, WBLM, African blackwood, Eastern maple.

15 in diam x 20 in high

Wow! Beautiful
Jim
Beautiful workmanship
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Beautiful work.  Now a question, not a negative: I though the internal volume of a cremation urn should be less than the size of a coffee can for a large frame man.  Was this one designed for visual effect vs. capacity requirements? To me it looks significantly larger than needed for containing the remains.
VERY nice and well done my friend.

Did you do it from a pla n or drawing?  I would like a copy if you can.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
This was my own design. I don't use plans for my work. I made it much larger than it need be because I wanted to make it so.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Very nice piece. When I made one that will contain my wife and myself i researched online. Recomendation is 1 cubic inch per pound of body weight. This would be the minimum Oviously no maximum so you can make what you like. Ours will eventually be taken out into the Bay of Green Bay and sunk tied to a cement block. it is glued together with Titebond 2 and about 15 coats of lacquer. Don't know how long before that fails, but eventually we will be swept out into lake Michigan She has always loved the Bay She is now in a ursing home with alzheimers. Yes probably illegal but that is what will happen.
I've made a couple of urns, beautiful work, I'm sure he's going to enjoy it.  
I've made one for myself, however I prefer to be scattered over the local lake or river.
Incredible attention to detail.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Very nice!

Now what exactly is WBLM?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill