Woodnet Forums
Tormek sharpening system and accessories - Price reduction - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Tormek sharpening system and accessories - Price reduction (/showthread.php?tid=7362806)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Tormek sharpening system and accessories - Price reduction - iclark - 05-27-2021

(05-27-2021, 11:17 AM)Admiral Wrote: Having shipped a lot of heavy stuff, my estimate is USPS would likely charge around $50-55 from Harrison MI to your zip (assuming 40lb weight); UPS tends to have better rates for heavier packages so they might be a tad cheaper..... which is not all that bad given the weight.

Rich, thanks.

I am not really in the market right now, but I thought that an idea of the shipping ballpark might help with the sale.

RE: Tormek sharpening system and accessories - Price reduction - Chipster2 - 05-28-2021

I will take on the risk of shipping costs and say $50 to ship within continental US. Anything above that I would absorb.

RE: Tormek sharpening system and accessories - Price reduction - arnman - 05-28-2021

I have heard some unfortunate stories of shipping or transporting these with the wheels still attached.  I read about that some time back on the Tormek user's site.  I just can't remember the details of why it is a problem.  My takeaway was to remember to remove wheels for transport.  Just trying to save someone some grief.

RE: Tormek sharpening system and accessories - Price reduction - Chipster2 - 05-29-2021

Thanks for the advice @arnman!