Woodnet Forums
Trivial Moxon vise crubber question - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Trivial Moxon vise crubber question (/showthread.php?tid=7366154)

Trivial Moxon vise crubber question - Aram - 11-21-2021

I just finished my Moxon vise with Benchcrafted hardware. Per Jameel's orders, I glued crubber onto the moving jaw. I let it overhang, and trimmed it with an X-acto knife. It ended up a little proud at the top. I mostly don't care, but I might want the top surface level, someday, for paring or who knows what. The amount it sticks up is so small that I can't seem to cleanly cleave it off with the X-acto. Trivial question, but how do I get it flush?

Thanks.

RE: Trivial Moxon vise cribber question - grwold - 11-22-2021

(11-21-2021, 11:07 PM)Aram Wrote: I just finished my Moxon vise with Benchcrafted hardware. Per Jameel's orders, I glued crubber onto the moving jaw. I let it overhang, and trimmed it with an X-acto knife. It ended up a little proud at the top. I mostly don't care, but I might want the top surface level, someday, for paring or who knows what. The amount it sticks up is so small that I can't seem to cleanly cleave it off with the X-acto. Trivial question, but how do I get it flush?

Thanks.

Clamp a piece of scrap, and cut at a slight downward bevel from outside--I'm happy with my results.