Trivial Moxon vise crubber question
I just finished my Moxon vise with Benchcrafted hardware. Per Jameel's orders, I glued crubber onto the moving jaw. I let it overhang, and trimmed it with an X-acto knife. It ended up a little proud at the top. I mostly don't care, but I might want the top surface level, someday, for paring or who knows what. The amount it sticks up is so small that I can't seem to cleanly cleave it off with the X-acto. Trivial question, but how do I get it flush?

Thanks.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(11-21-2021, 11:07 PM)Aram Wrote: I just finished my Moxon vise with Benchcrafted hardware. Per Jameel's orders, I glued crubber onto the moving jaw. I let it overhang, and trimmed it with an X-acto knife. It ended up a little proud at the top. I mostly don't care, but I might want the top surface level, someday, for paring or who knows what. The amount it sticks up is so small that I can't seem to cleanly cleave it off with the X-acto. Trivial question, but how do I get it flush?

Thanks.

Clamp a piece of scrap, and cut at a slight downward bevel from outside--I'm happy with my results.