Woodnet Forums
Cremation Urn - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Cremation Urn (/showthread.php?tid=7368616)

Cremation Urn - SteveS - 04-13-2022

Finished this project yesterday. My grandad, who died in 2001, would have been eleventy one this year. He's been residing in a cardboard box since then with the plan his ashes would be spread where he grew up in Michigan, but I doubt that will happen so I turned this cremation urn from western big leaf maple, African blackwood, cherry and camphor burl. He was a woodworker as his profession until his retirement at age 80.

[attachment=41629]

RE: Cremation Urn - iclark - 04-13-2022

Very nice job and obviously a work of love to honor your granddad.

RE: Cremation Urn - AHill - 04-14-2022

A fitting tribute.

RE: Cremation Urn - Arlin Eastman - 04-16-2022

(04-14-2022, 04:28 PM)AHill Wrote: A fitting tribute.

What Allan said.  Well done as well buddy.  Thank you for showing us.  On the age do you mean 111?

I built two so far and both were for my in-laws.  Sorry days for me when they both passed away years apart.  I always told them and my wife that I wish I had them as parents.

RE: Cremation Urn - SteveS - 04-18-2022

(04-16-2022, 12:55 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: What Allan said.  Well done as well buddy.  Thank you for showing us.  On the age do you mean 111?

I built two so far and both were for my in-laws.  Sorry days for me when they both passed away years apart.  I always told them and my wife that I wish I had them as parents.

Yes. He was born 1910.

RE: Cremation Urn - Cian - 04-18-2022

Very nice........................

RE: Cremation Urn - clovishound - 04-25-2022

Very nice job. I don't have the patience for segmented work.

I've turned a few urns for family members. It can be a rewarding, and sometimes difficult experience. The rewards have always outweighed the difficulties for me.