Cremation Urn
Finished this project yesterday. My grandad, who died in 2001, would have been eleventy one this year. He's been residing in a cardboard box since then with the plan his ashes would be spread where he grew up in Michigan, but I doubt that will happen so I turned this cremation urn from western big leaf maple, African blackwood, cherry and camphor burl. He was a woodworker as his profession until his retirement at age 80.

Cellulose runs through my veins!
Very nice job and obviously a work of love to honor your granddad.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
A fitting tribute.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(04-14-2022, 04:28 PM)AHill Wrote: A fitting tribute.

What Allan said.  Well done as well buddy.  Thank you for showing us.  On the age do you mean 111?

I built two so far and both were for my in-laws.  Sorry days for me when they both passed away years apart.  I always told them and my wife that I wish I had them as parents.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(04-16-2022, 12:55 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: What Allan said.  Well done as well buddy.  Thank you for showing us.  On the age do you mean 111?

I built two so far and both were for my in-laws.  Sorry days for me when they both passed away years apart.  I always told them and my wife that I wish I had them as parents.

Yes. He was born 1910.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Very nice........................
Very nice job. I don't have the patience for segmented work.

I've turned a few urns for family members. It can be a rewarding, and sometimes difficult experience. The rewards have always outweighed the difficulties for me.
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."        Mongo