Woodnet Forums
turnin' tiny . . . well, small at least (new one!) - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: turnin' tiny . . . well, small at least (new one!) (/showthread.php?tid=7372537)

Pages: 1 2

RE: turnin' tiny . . . well, small at least (new one!) - arthropod98 - 04-06-2023

(04-05-2023, 01:48 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: They look good.

I think it was Sir Chiz who did miniature way back and he did a fantastic job in his miniatures.

thanks!  yep, that was chiz . . . had some amazing tiny stuff.  
Yes

RE: turnin' tiny . . . well, small at least (new one!) - Cian - 04-11-2023

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

RE: turnin' tiny . . . well, small at least (new one!) - arthropod98 - 04-13-2023

(04-11-2023, 11:08 AM)Cian Wrote: Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

sharing is caring!  
Big Grin

still working on the cake stand, slowly but surely.  it'll be 2 pieces with a lazy susan in between.  interesting process i'm finding for this one, but it's getting there.  i used the (pretty crappy) "sandeply" from HD for the solid areas i need, which is working out pretty good.  stuff won't hold a screw, but i'm through-bolting everything, so it's pretty good.  i'm working on hiding the hardware for the lazy susan with about a 1/16" gap between the top and bottom pieces.  decent amount of trial and error to get exactly what i'm picturing, but it's getting there.  
Yes

RE: turnin' tiny . . . well, small at least (new one!) - Gary G™ - 04-16-2023

Dang, Arthro

First time ever seeing any of your work.
Post more.

RE: turnin' tiny . . . well, small at least (new one!) - arthropod98 - 04-18-2023

(04-16-2023, 03:56 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Dang, Arthro

First time ever seeing any of your work.
Post more.

will do . . . if i remember to take pics!  
Laugh

RE: turnin' tiny . . . well, small at least (new one!) - FireWood - 06-27-2023

Phil Manzi (Chiz) was the master of tiny.

He used to like to hand you a tiny lidded vessel, about the size of the pad of your thumb.  You'd pop off the friction fit lid, and there'd be another turning inside it - a miniature goblet, still with beads and coves scaled to fit....

Miss him a lot.  I still have some of his work, along with some tools and books he gave me when he had to sell his shop.