turnin' tiny . . . well, small at least (new one!)
i'm pretty bad at remembering to take pics, so decided to do a few before i forgot.  just some bracelets, pendants, and a ring:

Wow, those are really nice! My wife would love one of those pendants!
Beautiful. I made some vases that were less than 1" tall and found that those were more difficult to make than some that were 36" tall.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
thanks, fellers!  
Big Grin

next few things won't be quite so small, so it'll be nice to change things up a bit!  doing about an 18" diameter cake stand  --  well, that's the plan at least!  
Laugh
Very nice job on the tinies/smalls.

Were you using one of Ruth Niles' mandrels?

Work holding for the small things can be challenging for me.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Very nice. .
(03-14-2023, 05:04 PM)iclark Wrote: Very nice job on the tinies/smalls.

Were you using one of Ruth Niles' mandrels?

Work holding for the small things can be challenging for me.

thanks!  i've got 4 of their bottle stopper mandrels, so i use those with a small wasteblock.  then just part 'em off.  got the sorby micro set, and also a few other pinnacle smaller tools which work great.  
Yes
thanks, GNP!  oh, and it doesn't come out real clear in the pics, but 2 on the left in the last pic is actually a little piece of small VERY spalted maple in the center  --  cutoffs from this pen from a few years ago.

got another one i'm working on now with the last piece from that  --  pretty glad to get 3 pendants outta about a 3/4" square piece!  
Laugh

Attached Files Image(s)

finally found a pin bail that would work, so was able to finish this one up.  outside is bloodwood, and the silver ring on the inside is actually a keychain piece that got hosed up when i glued the piece on, so decided to sink that whole thing into the bloodwood.  
Big Grin

yeah, my picture takin' ain't so great.  
Laugh
They look good.

I think it was Sir Chiz who did miniature way back and he did a fantastic job in his miniatures.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.