Where is everyone????
Bug 
(08-06-2024, 06:15 PM)mongo Wrote: Hello to all the old friends.

As this used to be my favorite space on the internet might as well post a reply since I happened by today.

The forum software is terrible for mobile.... and that is where all the growth will come from.

The site does not support immage hosting and in this day and age that's insane. 

Many of the old big name draws are gone.  And the new ones are on social or other platforms.

And the personal attacks run unchecked as can be seen in this thread....

But I still woodwork regularly and post on a forum behind a pay wall with much better software and less drama. And I still value the things I learned here, so for those who contributed to that thank you.

Hi Mongo. It's been a while.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

A long while hope all is well for you and yours.
Smile
Last I looked..this is Derek's thread...

As for me...Currently am posting about a Project I am working on...Derek is also..something about a Dinning Room Table, I believe...

And, since this is the Hand tool section and NOT the basement...

This was in use, today....doing "bead work"....

Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
LIL.....Two posts were deleted....let's keep it civil gents.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
A Made in Canada Stanley?

Says so right on the Main Stock's skate..with a SW in a Heart, no less (Type 20)....Made in QUE CAN
Was a bit busy this morning..

About every 2nd or 3rd pass, had to stop and clear the strings out..and, I made a lot of strings..

16 beads are now done did....

So..how was YOUR Morning?
(08-06-2024, 06:15 PM)mongo Wrote: Hello to all the old friends.

As this used to be my favorite space on the internet might as well post a reply since I happened by today.

The forum software is terrible for mobile.... and that is where all the growth will come from.

The site does not support immage hosting and in this day and age that's insane. 

Many of the old big name draws are gone.  And the new ones are on social or other platforms.

And the personal attacks run unchecked as can be seen in this thread....

But I still woodwork regularly and post on a forum behind a pay wall with much better software and less drama. And I still value the things I learned here, so for those who contributed to that thank you.

The move of the WN server when we were under the denial of services attacks broke a lot of things that are (mostly) slowly getting fixed.

My issues using a tablet is that everything is too small to read unless I zoom in. I also hate the keyboards on my mobile devices.
If you have specific constructive suggestions of what is broke for mobile devices, they would be welcome in the Questions about... forum area.

While you were away, the support for image hosting was added for WN. There are image byte size limits, but the capability is there.

Welcome back. I hope that you stick around.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
What are the image size limits?
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
Easy way...when you do post an image that is too large..you will see a yellow banner at the top of that post..telling you what size the image needs to be....
Ok…so that’s not the reason I haven’t been able to post pics for several years, I guess.
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp