Next Project?
Long Road Trip yesterday...did not get much done IN the shop...however...need to update this post a bit, eh?
So..clamps came off the base...and set the base down on the Table's top...

Center it up..wanted to see how much room there was on each end...so I can mark out and cut a radius..

With my "State of the Art" Sabre Saw...

brace for the center..

Laid out and needing a cut or 3...then, hand chop a socket, centered on the top of the long rails..

In the two end braces, a couple slotted holes were drilled...along with a single one in the center brace...center the base onto the top..

A single screw and a washer installed, to keep things centered..the 2 screws and washers..

The slots and the washers work together, to allow wood movement in the top..

Those slots are fairly easy to make with just a drill....first drill a hole straight through the brace, then, rock the drill back and forth, and up and down, to change it into a slot..

So..next trip to the shop...I need to run a cove bit around the top edge of the Top...and then sand everything to at least 220 grit....
Stain?    A coat of Witch's Brew..brushed on, and wiped off...and then maybe a couple coats of Warm Gloss Poly...

Once this Table Project is out of the shop...I do have another to get started on...

This ugly thing in the Bathroom...does NOT match the rest of the Cabinets..

Neither this, nor..

Nor this...I MIGHT be able to recycle the hardware..maybe...

Stay tuned..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
"There will be Cussing involved"....move the stand out to where I can work on it....First cussing involved setting the router, to cut a cove...
First had to rotate the table right side up....then try to step around and NOT getting my feet tangled up in a cord...

Then, since the table was sitting like this...

I used a ROS with first 80 grit, then 220 grit discs...plan being to go ahead and Stand the top only, for now..

Gave the Witch's Brew a little extra Dark Walnut stain to the way too red mix..brushed on...

And wiped down...will let this sit a spell, before I flip it back over, and work on the under side...

It IS a bit cramped down here...

Stay tuned...
Table has been flipped over, sanded to 120 grit...

Then a coat of Witch's Brew was brushed on, and then wiped down..and allowed to dry over night...

Ok, this morning, a coat of Warm Gloss Poly was brushed on all the areas  from the tips of the legs down to the underside of the Top.

Will let that dry a few hours..until it is no longer tacky to the touch of a fingertip..then carefully rotate the table over, and brush a coat on the Top...

Film @2300 hrs, I hope....

Stay tuned...
First coat on the top was done yesterday..

This morning..thanks to a very RUDE wake-up by Ser Uncle Charles Horse...wiped down the top, and then brushed on coat #2 of the Warm Gloss Poly...

Will look in on the table later today, to see how it dried...might be able to move it upstairs this evening?    Photo shoot will be IN the shop...

Stay tuned...we about done with this Project, now..
A side view?

and a view of the top...

Will need help getting this upstairs...otherwise...this Project is done...

Thanks for looking in!
Looks good Bandit!

Well done.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I was a few days late, but..

Sofa Table was delivered last night....them LONG skinny legs were a bit rough to haul the table up the stairs from the shop...then through the house to the Living room. 

Now I can call this Project "Completed"...

Thanks for looking in....
I love following your build-alongs bandit.  You do great work for working in such a confined space.  I can hope I would do as well.

Frank S in IA