I said I wouldn't ever
Festool track is the same as it is now, no changes.
The Hilti is not a plunge cut saw, more like a normal circ saw that has the slots to engage the rail, its not made anymore.

Ed
Tom, I bought my TS55 in 2008 and while it was expensive, I managed to save some money. That was the time that the Bing search engine was offering discounts if you bought something you found using it. I was able to get my saw with a 25% Bing rebate (Festool put a stop to that Bing discount not long after I got mine) then to reduce the out of pocket even more I sold the Systainer for $50, I think Bloomington Mike bought it. So when it was over I think I had a little over $300 for the saw and a 55" track. At that time it was the only game in town, not long after a couple of others became available; Dewalt and one other I can't remember. The saws have had some changes over the years, but they all stay usable on the original track. Mine does everything I want so I haven't replaced it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Don't forget to look on the used market. I found a Makita track saw with one track for $85 on Craigslist a couple of years ago.
(08-08-2024, 08:46 AM)fishhh4 Wrote: I got the Wen saw and the Powertec track. It has come in handy. Mostly straight edging rough cut wood. Much easier than previous methods I employed. Very nice cut as well.

I got the same combo a few years ago to rip PVC deck boards on a porch I built. I think it was about $200 for the two tracks and saw...for weekend warrior use it's been more than fine. I'm very happy with it. Dust collection is just so-so and better blades are a must.