Making Wheels in 1918
I never guessed there were this many steps in making a car wheel -  btw, no one loses a hand in this film, but I cringed a few times when saw how close the workers hands got to some pretty dangerous operations.   OSHA would not have been happy.   https://youtu.be/yqGA92D7B6g
That was just the wheel. How many people do you think were involved? 150 or more?
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
No idea , though the scene where they ar filing the spokes, the guys look like they are standing right on top of each other.
When the wheels were dipped into the paint tank, it appears that the exposed ball bearings got painted!

In the 1950s our family car was a 1918 Dodge with wooden spokes.
642,750 Fords made in 1918. That’s a lot of wooden spokes!
Pete,   I thought the same thing about the ball bearings, though maybe they helped with rust?   What was the  Dodge like - I assume it was a fairly stiff ride?
About the old Dodge, I mistyped; it was 1928. Very boxy with room for six. When it was raining, it was my job to stand next to my mom and work the wiper blade. It had a lever on the inside above the windshield. My recollection is that the windshield could pivot open.