Deck Advice Please.
5 stringers is what the lumber yard guy told me I needed. It seemed a lot to me too. Technically the span is closer to 43”. I need a few inches on each side to place the railing and still leave 36” between the railings. 

Joe, please attach the video you intended to. I am anxious to see it.
Oops, here it is

Link
The nosing makes the actual depth of the tread 10-3/4" - 11-1/4". (That's the surface available to stand on, not the depth of treads measured nosing to nosing as stated in the codes.) There's also a blurb that nosings are not required if the treads (as measured nosing to nosing) are not less than 11". That nosing provides enough to stand on with a shorter overall run of stairs.

Another detail at the top of the stairs is to add one more tread and riser to the stringer. This puts the top tread even with the the deck frame. Now the end of your stringer will (more closely) align with the deck, instead of it hanging down a foot or more.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"