Looking for a good Xmas project!
Last year I turned snowmen for them on the lathe for a Christmas present.  This was knowing the oldest would be a college this year and would help her both be in the season, plus have something from home.  I would like to make something again and get it to her before Christmas.  Snowman was only maybe 6 inches tall so I don't want something large.  All ideas would be appreciated.  I better get it going soon!

Thanks
(09-22-2024, 08:45 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Last year I turned snowmen for them on the lathe for a Christmas present.  This was knowing the oldest would be a college this year and would help her both be in the season, plus have something from home.  I would like to make something again and get it to her before Christmas.  Snowman was only maybe 6 inches tall so I don't want something large.  All ideas would be appreciated.  I better get it going soon!

Thanks

Miser?

Maybe about 1 year ago Woodsmith showed making Christmas trees ornaments where the contrastingly-colored wood was glued up @ 45 degrees and then turned.  I made a few of them.  once the blank is glue up, you can whip them out in about an hour.  They were fun to make.

Issue #270.
Dumber than I appear
Can you by chance post a picture? I don't subscribe to any magazines any more, I would purchase the plan if it was what I want. I can't find any pictures online.
Can you by chance post a picture? I don't subscribe to any magazines any more, I would purchase the plan if it was what I want. I can't find any pictures online.

Sorry, but I do have the magazine. Don't need a picture. Thanks for your help!
(09-23-2024, 09:07 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Can you by chance post a picture?  I don't subscribe to any magazines any more, I would purchase the plan if it was what I want.  I can't find any pictures online.

Sorry, but I do have the magazine.  Don't need a picture.  Thanks for your help!

for more ideas look at etsy
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(09-23-2024, 10:41 AM)toolmiser Wrote: Can you by chance post a picture?  I don't subscribe to any magazines any more, I would purchase the plan if it was what I want.  I can't find any pictures online.

Tool?

I'm not back at home until Thursday/Friday.  I'll post a picture then.
Dumber than I appear
Last year I turned snowmen for them on the lathe for a Christmas present.  This was knowing the oldest would be a college this year and would help her both be in the season, plus have something from home.  I would like to make something again and get it to her before Christmas.  Snowman was only maybe 6 inches tall so I don't want something large.  All ideas would be appreciated.  I better get it going soon!

Thanks[/quote]

D_P's will likely be better than mine (I'm still pretty bad at turning) but hopefully you'll get the general idea from these pictures  (plus some other stuff I made last year).  Quick note...their plans called for combining Walnut and Maple.  I did one with Walnut, Maple, and Cherry.  Blanks were 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" x 7".  Strips were 1/4" and 3/"4 according to their plans.

Attached Files Image(s)

There’s always Reindeer:

https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.php?tid=4076590
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Thanks for all the replies. Hopefully this will get me motivated on time to get something done. I might have to post it also.