This has likely been posted before, but in case you didn't see it and didn't know, you can search FWW's past issues for articles w/o needing to create an account.  It came in handy for me yesterday.   

Link

John

I just tried it; thanks! I looked at a few articles then got a notice that it was the last free one. I went "incognito" and it didn't seem to care how many I looked at.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Only yesterday, I put almost 10 yrs of FW mags in the recycle bags.  It was such a sad feeling.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I have maybe a 150 or so FWW issues stacked up in the basement. Wife wants them gone, and I haven't touched them in years...but I can't seem to pull that trigger.

(09-05-2024, 09:09 AM)joe1086 Wrote: I have maybe a 150 or so FWW issues stacked up in the basement. Wife wants them gone, and I haven't touched them in years...but I can't seem to pull that trigger.

I have all but the first 20 or 30 issues filed on shelves in my basement.  I refer to them often for help or inspiration.  Having the index available at FWW makes it much easier to find what I'm looking for.   

John
Tell your wife, they're an investment. You're just waiting for the market to rise.
Big Grin
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
Don't throw them away. Donate them to a local library, veterans organization, or old folks home.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Martin -- thanks for popping this to the top of the list again.  Don't know how I missed it.  I've bookmarked it now.

I have hundreds of old issues reaching back a long way, back to the early days, and I've often wished for such an index.  I already paid for many of these issues once, and I didn't want to have to spend money just so I could find something in the stack-o'-mags in the cabinet.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Fine Woodworking Index - Account Free