I'm getting ready to try sharpening my table saw blades. Need to get the pitch removed. Is there a a simple way to remove pitch, without buying some expensive product? Like a home mixture of things, likely to be around the house?

Easiest way I found is to soak the blades in warm water with some Arm & Hammer washing soda mixed in. Probably a spoon or two with a quart of water. Let soak for 15-20 minutes and the pitch comes right off. I use a soft fingernail brush to brush the pitch off. Really just wiping the pitch off with the brush. No hard scrubbing at all. Rinse and dry off the blade. Other cleaners will also do it, but I keep washing soda around and it works really well.
When you say washing soda, do you mean baking soda? I never heard of washing soda.
I believe that by washing soda Scoony is talking about sodium carbonate and not sodium bicarbonate, which is baking soda.

Arm and Hammer make washing soda as a detergent booster.
Ok, thanks. I'll have to go find some.

(10-08-2019, 02:54 PM)MidwestMan Wrote: Ok, thanks. I'll have to go find some.
TSP, if you find it, is great.  Paint store. 

"Green" versions of substitute household cleaners featuring sodium metasilicate are nearly as effective.  

"Green" in quotes, since phosphate is fertilizer.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Plain water does a fair job all by itself.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Turpentine is made from pine sap. It's a solvent for sap removal. Turpentine and a few paper towels.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Oven cleaner works wonders TSP at home depot in paint section
Lestoil in warm water. Works great, and is cheap. Been using it for years.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Pitch Removal