I have been away from woodworking for a very long time.  I have a cabinet filler strip above the refrigerator opening that I need to cut down by 3/8 inch to fit in a taller refrigerator.  Can I safely rip the piece down to size on my tablesaw and get a clean cut without damaging the high gloss finish on the front of the filler?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

(02-18-2023, 12:04 PM)RobertNP Wrote: I have been away from woodworking for a very long time.  I have a cabinet filler strip above the refrigerator opening that I need to cut down by 3/8 inch to fit in a taller refrigerator.  Can I safely rip the piece down to size on my tablesaw and get a clean cut without damaging the high gloss finish on the front of the filler?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sure, use a sharp rip blade and have at it.  FWIW, cutting faster is better than slower to keep the blade cool which, in turn, keeps the wood cooler.  

John
Cutting Polylac filler