Ready to scroll
mr. jim, happy to see ya got your yeller machine up & goin'! As said, & as you know, I'm sure, the possibilities with a scroll saw are endless! Take a look at my facebook page page Sawdust Haven if ya get a chance. You'll see that you can do whatever you set your mind to. Happy scrollin'! God bless!
Sawdust703
Smile

head sawdust maker
Raised
Mine came on the DeWalley stand, and I don't think it's quite as angled as the ho made stand Jim has his on. I like the feel of it though. I would think if you can get to a Rockler, or WoodCraft they would have one on display so you could see if you liked the angle. If not just adjust from there.

[Image: 10009.jpg]
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I'm back and forth on the tilted stand concept.  My first saw was a Craftsman.  I built a stand for it and naturally, not knowing any different, made the saw level.  When I bought my Dewalt, I got the factory stand and decided to try the tilted option.  It has some distinct benefits, but there are some drawbacks as well.  I now have an Excalibur and debated how to set up it's factory stand.  I settled on going back to level.  It kind of depends on the type of projects one does.  It does provide better sight lines and a more natural angle for watching what you are doing and minimizing neck & shoulder fatigue.  That said, larger projects and ones that require beveled cuts can be a little harder to control with the table tilted forward.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I knew I wanted to scroll sitting down, but I was less sure about a tilted table.  Here is how I arived at mine: I fabeicated the piece the saw is fastened to first. I set it up on two concrete blocks (15-1/2") pulled a chair up to and set down. Felt good. The table was in that comfortable space between my thighs and my elbows. I then added blocks of wood of various thicknesses on the rear until that felt right. Although I didn't worry about the angle I did measure it after I finished and it is 9 degrees. I'm too much of a novice at this to say it will stay that way. After I've been scrolling as long as some of you guys have, I might change my mind completely.  Papa Jim
I had a good day. I used every tool I own!
I have a delta and a pm95 and im trying to convince myself to keep the pm95. The only scroll saw work i do in any large amount is cutting baltic birch for building model airplanes. I havent even put a blade in the pm let alone mobed it to the shop from the garage. I like it better than the old delta ones we had in the shop (before they tore it down).

The prob is i remember the pm using odd blades and mine are too short iirc.

Oh and the german made blades are so much nicer.
To add to your scrolling pleasure, buy  a foot switch, so can maintain pressure on the work piece, and a magnifying glass with LED lights, so you can really SEE the cut line.
(04-14-2017, 06:06 PM)Sawdustd Wrote: To add to your scrolling pleasure, buy  a foot switch, so can maintain pressure on the work piece, and a magnifying glass with LED lights, so you can really SEE the cut line.

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh Are you showing your age. Actually I agree, a good view, plenty of light, from a comfy position, and almost as important as all of those combined, a good puffer to keep the dust out of the line = Scrolling happiness.

I agree with Jim too. I like to sit when I saw, and I believe that alone is why I like the tilt. Standing to cut I believe flat would be better.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Just another tid bit to that saw it does require maintenance. You may want to look into this because unless you know how many hours are on that saw it may be due. Also the foot switch is always a good idea. Just never get a sewing machine footswitch. You can not put a VS switch on that saw it will burn the motor.
John T.
I know you're right JT.  Saw was built in 2008 and even though it shows little wear it's anybody's guess when the bearings last got grease! I need to take care of that before I actually get down to scrolling---although I thnk I've picked out my first project!
I had a good day. I used every tool I own!
Jim

Is there anyway you can show us several pictures of what you did?  I read but not understood.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.