Just Bought A Ridgid Band Saw - BS14002 - Need Blade Advice
(07-07-2024, 12:52 PM)jteneyck Wrote:  Bi-metal blades have long life and are far cheaper.  

John, which brand of bimetal blades are you using, and where do you order them from?

I picked up a lennox diemaster 2 when getting carbide blade for my bigger saw.  It's okay, but I haven't used it enough on the same saw as the viking to compare cut quality or longevity.  I seem to recall the overhead on an order was a deterrent from getting them for my smaller saw.  And I've been pretty happy with the vikings.

Matt
(07-08-2024, 10:02 AM)mdhills Wrote: John, which brand of bimetal blades are you using, and where do you order them from?

I picked up a lennox diemaster 2 when getting carbide blade for my bigger saw.  It's okay, but I haven't used it enough on the same saw as the viking to compare cut quality or longevity.  I seem to recall the overhead on an order was a deterrent from getting them for my smaller saw.  And I've been pretty happy with the vikings.

Matt

I've used both Olson MVP and Lennox Diemaster II's on my 14" Delta.  Life wise, I think the Olson MVP is better.  Cut quality goes to the Diemaster II, however.  Neither is likely to give you as smooth a cut as the Viking blades, but should last many times longer.  Whether or not that's a benefit, however, depends upon your needs.  The Viking blades are incredibly cheap.  If they meet your needs, the bimetal may not be worth the added cost or likely trade off in cut quality.  

I bought the Olson MVP blades direct from Olson.  I bought the Diemaster II's from Spectrum Supply, which has the lowest prices on Lennox blades I've found.  

John