The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn
Miss my 8' bed, but I need the turning radius of the 6.5' "standard" length bed.  So - when did 6.5' get to be the standard.
Confused  Seems like 8' was the standard for a lot of years.
Nice truck. I went from an 8' bed to a 6' and hated it. Finally went back to an 8' bed, on a F-350 Super Crew nonetheless.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Line-x liner installed.

[Image: IMG_20161221_112747_zpszq6khmdy.jpg]

The deal sold me on GMC. Laura Buick GMC in Collinsville and it was an end of year 2016.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Skip Nissan, but look at all the others. Just bought a used 2014 Tundra (26K miles) with which to pull a travel trailer. It'll come down to amenities for the buck if you buy new and good luck if you buy used. For me, so far, so good.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
You truck guys getting a sprayed in liner? This line-x seems really nice. Real proof is in using it though.

Also anyone looking at tonneaus? Liking the bak revolution x2.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I had Rhino Liner before and liked it, but prefer the Line-X. I don't know how much difference there really is, but I do think the application process needs a GOOD professional, not some speedy, cheap service. Go with an authorized pro recommended by a dealer.

I also have a hard, fiberglass tonneau and love it. Occasionally, I have to remove it to haul larger items, but it isn't too heavy and I like the protection for items I leave in there.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
I have what ever Ford uses in their spray-on liners. Second truck and those liners are bullet proof. Firewood, rough cut lumber, deer stands, deer blood, bricks, etc. Spray it out and it looks new. I had a roll up cover on the previous truck and considering a fold up for the current truck. It is nice being able to have stuff in the back undercover and it will stay reasonably dry back there.
My used truck came with a screw-on liner and a snap-on tonneau cover. Once the cover comes off, it probably won't go back on for quite a while - about 30 some snaps on each side. A friend of mine had a power roll-up cover. I really admired that.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I had the velcro roll up but 5 years ago i saw my buddy had a trip fold and I had to have one. so I bought the extang tri fold and love it. 5 years and no real complaints. I do get a small amount of water that can bead in I guess but doesn't bother me, may bother others though. but the ease in which it folds or can be removed is well worth it. I would like to see how the hard tri fold is. I loved the hard top on the avalanche but they were a pain to put somewhere when removed. I think a hard tri fold might be nice.
I got the slide in bed liner and the quad fold hard cover with my '15 Silverado short bed dual cab. I love it .... the bed liner is a little slick but it seems indestructible.

The quad fold cover has key locks in the front and back and is really secure. I can unlock either the front or the back for access to the bed ... sweet ... glad I made the investment ...

I'd owned Avalanches since '02 ... I always liked the hard covers. I could fold down the rear seat & hatch and slide in several 4x8 sheets and the weather would never touch them. The short bed on the Silverado won't do that but I wanted the full size back seat didn't want the 300' turn radius of the long bed frame.

Red