$99 Festool 5" Sander with free ship and $50 off your next Festool Tool
(11-01-2016, 11:28 AM)meackerman Wrote: Festool had a better promo years ago, an ETS 150/3 for $59.  So this promo wasn't in uncharted territory.

That was back when they had almost no market penetration in the US and would be useless to try to base production figures now off of.
(11-01-2016, 12:16 PM)Admiral Wrote: Yeah, fishy.  

You keep saying fishy but describe a mistake.  Fishy has a pejorative connotation like shady.  So do you think they were trying to do something shady or just made a mistake (however stupid) in estimating demand?
Just got my tracking number. Some of them are shipping. I ordered on 11/04 mid morning.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

got my tracking number too, its on the way
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
(11-01-2016, 02:45 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Just got my tracking number. Some of them are shipping. I ordered on 11/04 mid morning.

(11-01-2016, 02:58 PM)Large Wooden Badger Wrote: got my tracking number too, its on the way

Out of curiousity, when and where did you order?  A friend ordered his on the night of the announcement and I orderered the next day on the 5th and both of us got the delayed shipment email from Toolnut
LIL

Just got back from picking my sander up.  My dealer said it was his understanding that dealers only got ~ 6-10% of what they ordered.  Other scuttlebutt I heard said Festool produced around 25k but received orders for close to 45k the first day.  Dealers will probably take the heat for this from their customers.  I know I would be aggravated if I ordered and paid on the first day available and got shut out.  I am anxious to try them out side by side and see how much difference there is.  If nothing else, the blue box is pretty! 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Lonnie
Ordered from Toolnut on Oct 14th at 11:27am cst - that is when they got paid anyway so just before that.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Do I really need it? No.

Since loml took my existing one, would it be nice? Yes.

If I don't get it and the voucher, will Festool lose out on me buying a syslite duo? Yes.......

Ed
(11-01-2016, 03:25 PM)mt4ensics Wrote: Out of curiousity, when and where did you order?  A friend ordered his on the night of the announcement and I orderered the next day on the 5th and both of us got the delayed shipment email from Toolnut

I ordered mine from Toolnut on October 4, about noon.
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
Ordered mine on October 5th. I don't have an issue with the delays. I'll be upset with a cancelation, though.

e deploribus unum