Sealer for granite counter-top
Tenax Ager Tiger is what I use on our "factory" polished New Venitian Gold granite.  This is what the owner of the granite company recommends and it's what they used after the install.  I redo mine a couple times a year and I do notice the water spots and smears aren't as noticeable.  It's a thin bodied solvent based product.  Wipe it on, wait a few minutes, and then wipe it off with a dry rag.  It doesn't build like a film finish.  You'll have to order it online most likely.  I'd be careful not to use a cheap product because I wouldn't want to try to undo a poor choice for this.

I second the Miracle 511... Its all we use, and all my stone guy will recommend.

The Absolute Black granite mentioned earlier really doesnt need to be sealed.  Its so damned hard, nothing penetrates.
-who?
Sealer on Granite is hype, Marble yes, I  have installed Granite, my dinning room table top is granite, Sealed it once, 15 years ago, red wine, Olive oil spills, coffee, human DNA, no difference and a more porous/open grain Granite.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

I don't think it's always hype. The kitchen counter tops which came with the house is not nice granite. I can feel the voids in it. I did the bathrooms and it's smooth as glass. Granite will stain. Not as easily as marble but it will stain.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Lots of different types of stone, some which having different porosity, absorb abilities, maintainance needs. Is there a sealer with a warranty against stains? Go with one and pray.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Mine is tight and some mid open pours, light colored, sealed originally, I have spilled red wine, coffee and Olive oil on it, wipe up right away with no bad effects.
 Seal it and use it. Time will tell!!
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Oil can stain it not sure about anything else
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(11-21-2016, 10:31 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Oil can stain it not sure about anything else

Yes, but from experienced, sealed and wiped up the Olive Oil no noticeable difference, then again if you have, just oil it all!!!!
Smirk

Going to use a Silicone impregnator by Regent stone products came with the counter top we purchased a year ago.
(11-21-2016, 10:54 PM)Dennis  Puskar Wrote: Going to use a Silicone impregnator by Regent stone products came with the counter top we purchased a year ago.

No matter what the name they put on there Product, it is a liquid silicone based product. It is not a film finish, a subsurface sealer to some degree, just like grout sealer or Marble or Slate. On Slate it gives it the wet look when dry and pops the color. Just like a oil based finish pops the grain differential on wood.
You are all over thinking this. I did this for 20 years.
Smirk