emails
Anyone getting emails from woodnet community showing a link to plans?I get at least one a week and have been just deleting them.Legit or not?

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I don't open them either.  Just hit the delete button.
      -Howard
(12-04-2017, 10:46 AM)Howard Pollack Wrote: I don't open them either.  Just hit the delete button.
      -Howard

Thanks,kinda what I figured.

Mel
They are not legitimately from WoodNet.  This has been going on for at least 6 months.  They go strait to my spam folder.  What worries me most is how someone like that managed to get all our email addresses.  It's quite disconcerting.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(12-04-2017, 12:39 PM)AHill Wrote: They are not legitimately from WoodNet.  This has been going on for at least 6 months.  They go strait to my spam folder.  What worries me most is how someone like that managed to get all our email addresses.  It's quite disconcerting.
Try unsubscribing from Google Groups (Unless you want to be part of a particular group).

This worked for me.

https://support.google.com/groups/answer/46608?hl=en

You can also use your email settings and block certain email accounts or words or phrases.
Thanks daddo,I'll give that a try.

Mel
I never got these emails until after July of 2016 when the forum sent an email out to all WoodNet members that the forum software update was finished. The problem was that rather than sending out a blind email, the notice inadvertently contained EVERY member's email address in the TO field. Doing that was a gift to spammers. Technically, they are sending the emails out to the WoodNet community as that is where the email list came from.

I've never even used my WoodNet email address on Google Groups, so unsubscribing there may or may not help with the problem.
I've only recently joined the forum and don't recall ever receiving emails of this nature. Might be something to that post about it all starting before I joined. I checked my spam folder anyway. Seems I'm very popular with the ladies (mostly of the naked Russian variety) and folks are interested in enlarging a particular body part. A bit disappointed that I'm no longer being sought after to receive a multi-million dollar fortune in Zimbabwe...dang, I was really looking forward to that windfall.
I get about 1 a day in my Junk Folder.

It’s unfortunate that one simple error has caused so much annoyance, and possible loss of money.

One of the spammers posted here recently I think and the thread was quickly deleted.