Shop Fox 12" Disc Sander
Anyone have any experience with the Shop Fox W1828 12" Disc Sander? Pros, cons, comments are appreciated. Looked at the Harbor Freight comparable model and couldn't seem to get beyond the aluminum table as opposed to the cast iron on this one.

Thanks,

Doug
OK, 32 looks and no comments. Anyone have a disc sander of any brand that they like?

Doug
(12-05-2017, 12:19 PM)Tapper Wrote: Anyone have any experience with the Shop Fox W1828 12" Disc Sander? Pros, cons, comments are appreciated. Looked at the Harbor Freight comparable model and couldn't seem to get beyond the aluminum table as opposed to the cast iron on this one.

Thanks,

Doug

I have this one in the grizzly version (its about 10 years old now)  and its ok, I had problems getting the adjustment screws tight enough to keep the table from tilting.  Took it apart and cleaned some stuff with a dremel and now it works fine.

Its heavy, I'll say that for it.
(12-05-2017, 12:19 PM)Tapper Wrote: Anyone have any experience with the Shop Fox W1828 12" Disc Sander? Pros, cons, comments are appreciated. Looked at the Harbor Freight comparable model and couldn't seem to get beyond the aluminum table as opposed to the cast iron on this one.

Thanks,

Doug

I do have one but no longer use it because I bought a combo unit with a belt sander also. I used it for many years and had no problems with it.

Bob
(12-06-2017, 07:17 PM)Bob K Wrote: I do have one but no longer use it because I bought a combo unit with a belt sander also. I used it for many years and had no problems with it.

Bob

Thanks to MP, Bob and Greg (via PM) for your comments on these sanders. I'm leaning towards the Shop Fox; it's available locally (no shipping) and at $254 very competitive with online prices. The comparable Jet looks like "top of the heap" in this class of sanders but is right at twice as much. Since this will not be an "everyday" tool for me, it's difficult to justify the additional cost.  

Doug