Home Depot credit card
Called them to see about their commercial account since I buy quite a few things there and they are closer than Lowes, and after having to press "0" a few times to bypass the phlim, was told customer services was closed on Saturdays.
When I finally got someone on the other end, I made mention that my present card answers 24/7 with any department one needs- can I expect that from them? I was told with no emotion; "Sorry about that".  
  Did I just get an person, or is this true?  I just want to know if I am having a problem and I'm 2,000 miles from home and need help, I can get it!

Guess I'll just stay with my present card.

By the way- censoring "i-d-i-o-t" is a little overboard isn't it?
(03-17-2018, 10:53 AM)daddo Wrote:   Guess I'll just stay with my present card.

"Branded" cards generally have worse customer service; you are better off with a cash back card, or miles if that is your preference.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Yeah that's typical service from anything home depot... Like mentioned a regular card is much better. Miles if you want that which does me no good since I fly free so mine I get anywhere from 2.5 to 5% cash back no maximums and no set amounts to use. Also the depot card doesn't do much anymore, no coupons in the mail etc but lowes does have theirs and you get 5% off every purchase.
Pretty sure it's a CitiBank card. HD fronts it and those folks don't work weekends. You probably could have done it at the store. I had to provide proof of business ownership.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(03-17-2018, 10:53 AM)daddo Wrote: Called them to see about their commercial account since I buy quite a few things there and they are closer than Lowes, and after having to press "0" a few times to bypass the phlim, was told customer services was closed on Saturdays.
When I finally got someone on the other end, I made mention that my present card answers 24/7 with any department one needs- can I expect that from them? I was told with no emotion; "Sorry about that".  
  Did I just get an person, or is this true?  I just want to know if I am having a problem and I'm 2,000 miles from home and need help, I can get it!

Guess I'll just stay with my present card.

By the way- censoring "i-d-i-o-t" is a little overboard isn't it?

Good decision. Have had an HD card for many, many years now and use it for only one particular type of transaction: 6, 12, 18 or 24 months "same as cash" purchases. When I used to use it for all HD purchases I grew tired of calling them and arguing with them about how they had applied my "always on time" monthly payment (paid them in full for all monthly purchases). 

Now I use the credit card of my choice for monthly HD purchases - also, when you call Visa or Mastercard someone always answers. No problems with HD anymore.

Doug
(03-17-2018, 04:20 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: Yeah that's typical service from anything home depot... Like mentioned a regular card is much better. Miles if you want that which does me no good since I fly free so mine I get anywhere from 2.5 to 5% cash back no maximums and no set amounts to use. Also the depot card doesn't do much anymore, no coupons in the mail etc but lowes does have theirs and you get 5% off every purchase.

What card gives 2.5 - 5% back??
(04-14-2018, 04:14 PM)sawsaw Wrote: What card gives 2.5 - 5% back??

My capitol one card is 2.5% and has been for many years. And if you want a lowes card you get 5% off purchases.
I cut up my HD card after the 5 percent went away.
FYI. SunTrust bank gives 5 percent back on gas and groceries for the 1 St year. And adds 10 percent to that if you have it deposited to an account.
After 1 year, I cancel and get a new card in my wife's name. Etc. Etc.
Gas and groceries, is where spend a lot.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I haven't had any issues with theit cs and there are gas points available if one signs up for it. Plus I never have to save a receipt as they email it to me.
Idk of the lowes card does that.
The main thing about HD that annoys the heck out of me is those video cameras that beep loudly in your face as you walk by. It makes for an unpleasant shopping experience.
Ray
Like Trapper said - I use the home depot card for one thing - 6 to 24 month no interest - that's it.
I unlike Robert, I get coupons almost monthly from them for use with the card.
Other than the no interest there is no reason to use the card - since I have much better cards that we use for everything
On a Note my Home Depot card is only for Home Depot as far as I can tell (never tried it anywhere else)  So needing help 2000 miles away isnt an issue for me
on a side note - you mention no emotion - what do you expect them to do - take it personally - you shouldn't neither do they