WTB: Zyliss Vise
Would like to buy an original Zyliss Vise system. Prefer one of the originals rather than the Gripmaster or other later iterations, but might consider one depending on price to at least get started.
Must include the turntable accessory because my main interest is using it for carving. If you have one gathering dust, maybe you can get a little cash for something more useful for you or if you prefer I have chisels, planes and other tools to trade.
Thanks,
Ron
(07-18-2018, 03:22 PM)ron kanter Wrote: Would like to buy an original Zyliss Vise system. Prefer one of the originals rather than the Gripmaster or other later iterations, but might consider one depending on price to at least get started.
Must include the turntable accessory because my main interest is using it for carving. If you have one gathering dust, maybe you can get a little cash for something more useful for you or if you prefer I have chisels, planes and other tools to trade.
Thanks,
Ron

Hi Ron:

I have one which I believe is complete (and perhaps has a few extra parts I have picked up along the way.)  However, I need to check to see if it has the turntable (have not used it much).

What is the going rate for one of these? and/or what do you have to trade?  (I am good with chisels and probably most common planes, but  who knows.. you may have something I cannot live without
Smile)

I will take a look at home and get back to you later in the week

Cheers!

Brian
https://bn.craigslist.org/for/d/xyliss-w...99268.html

No association with seller, just saw the ad on CL.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Hi Brian,
Thanks for the quick response. Looking forward to hearing what you have.
As far as what I have, besides some cash, how about a pristine Record #7. I am not home for the remainder of the summer but I will try to remember what is stashed in the corner of my shop that might tempt you. 
Ron
(07-18-2018, 04:08 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: https://bn.craigslist.org/for/d/xyliss-w...99268.html

No association with seller, just saw the ad on CL.

Mike,
Thanks for the lead.
The vise made by Clark is not the original version and is I believe made in China.
The price is a typical Craigslist wishful thinking and it doesn't look like it includes the turntable plate.
I'll keep looking 
Rolleyes
Think I have an original ...  will check and advise if so...
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.
I'm pretty sure I have an original, but I don't know what the turntable attachment is.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
(07-19-2018, 09:03 AM)DaveParkis Wrote: I'm pretty sure I have an original, but I don't know what the turntable attachment is.

Dave,
The turntable attachment is a flat plate mounted to two bars with two semi-circular holes. It allows the clamps to be mounted at almost any angle to the plane of a table.
Please let me know what you have (pics?) and how much you want for it.
(07-19-2018, 09:54 AM)ron kanter Wrote: Dave,
The turntable attachment is a flat plate mounted to two bars with two semi-circular holes. It allows the clamps to be mounted at almost any angle to the plane of a table.
Please let me know what you have (pics?) and how much you want for it.

[Image: Turntable_1024x1024.gif?v=1474039807]

This is what it looks like
Have an original, but do NOT have the turntable attachment...   sorry..
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.