Dewalt 618 Router?
Been looking at the Dewat 618 to use for Leigh Jig stuff.  I'd like to know if this router has little runout or lots?  Is would also be nice if there were covers for the open areas surrounding the collet to help with dust collection, but it doesn't appear there are, right? Thanks for the help.
I love my 618 but with all the wide spread  reports of the variable speeds going out I can't say that I would recommend one.   I  never noticed any runout on mine but I have never measured it.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
I use a Ridgid 2.5HP router with my dovetail jig. The micro-depth adjustment base makes it easy to fine tune joint fit when used with a dovetail jig. The current version of the router includes the shields and port for 1 1/4 dust collection. There have been several versions of this router some included the shields some did not.
Does the 618 sub base accept PC style guide bushings?
(10-12-2018, 06:24 PM)darita Wrote: Does the 618 sub base accept PC style guide bushings?

Yes it does.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
(10-12-2018, 06:30 PM)CARYinWA Wrote: Yes it does.

Thanks!  I appreciate the info.  I like the easy height adjustments and low center of gravity.  I've been using a PC 690, however the added weight and fine adjustment will help.  Hope the problem speed control isn't really a widespread issue...hope.
Yes the speed issue is a very widespread issue. I have it out on one of mine. It can be fixed but i just run that motor full speed. I got the 618s during clearence hd days from buzzsaw getting a bunch of them.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(10-12-2018, 09:28 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Yes the speed issue is a very widespread issue. I have it out on one of mine. It can be fixed but i just run that motor full speed. I got the 618s during clearence hd days from buzzsaw getting a bunch of them.

Does anyone know if Dewalt has fixed the issue?  Are they aware of it?
They have been told many times. Every time its the first time they have heard of it. They sure take the service fee $100 every time though. There has not been a new version of the 618 since it was an issue. No idea if its fixed. Most dont buy 618 s without a deal on it.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I have a 618 with the 3 base kit. It swaps out quickly with any base and my router lift. I have not had a speed problem but maybe I got lucky. It has worked very well for me.