My Dad's Christmas Gift
is gonna be a new TS blade and I will make him a rip fence addition for his TS so that he (well I) can use featherboards.  This qualifies as wood turning  related because I went to his house this past weekend to use his TS.  I wanted to rip some 3/16" thick strips of  6/4 thick maple to use as an accent for a project I have in mind.  A dull (or at least dirty) blade and no feather boards had me sweating so I decided it wasn't worth it.
Are you sure it is to be his with your constant use.

Dads are the most taken advantage people on earth.  Kids always buy things for them and then use them. 
Laugh
Laugh  
Well that is how I feel anyway with my wife and daughters.  They buy me snacks or other gifts and then end up eating them or borrowing them with the "intend" of returning them.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(11-13-2018, 09:46 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Are you sure it is to be his with your constant use.
it won't be constant.  this is the first time I've needed a tablesaw in a year.    I got rid of mine because I would rather have the room for something else, and most of the woodworking I do now is turning.
Just pulling your leg buddy. 
Yes
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
If you get rid of your table saw where are you gonna pile your bowl blanks?

GM
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.
(11-16-2018, 07:33 AM)Grey Mountain Wrote: If you get rid of your table saw where are you gonna pile your bowl blanks?

GM

In the corner and on my work bench like I do right now.