Dry Creek Woodturning

[Image: tEvaKw8Fwg9FB7HXZHu3XA5CnHJ6v5peD65OlkSt...59-h966-no]

[Image: JpPVZvgJ_MQnEOloOh7ZnXg-Y2m1Hi4US3R-wTjn...40-h966-no]
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

that's just amazing,Yak.Beautiful work.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Great stuff!!  What are you using for a drying oven?  Looks like a smoker??  I've been using a toaster oven, and seeing a need to get more consistent 180 F for my Cactus juice.  Been looking for a used Dental Lab oven since adding a good temp controller will cost me $50 +/-, but i'm having trouble justifying $250 or more if i still have to buy a controller.
earl
Those are very cool!
(12-30-2018, 05:21 PM)greenacres2 Wrote: Great stuff!!  What are you using for a drying oven?  Looks like a smoker??  I've been using a toaster oven, and seeing a need to get more consistent 180 F for my Cactus juice.  Been looking for a used Dental Lab oven since adding a good temp controller will cost me $50 +/-, but i'm having trouble justifying $250 or more if i still have to buy a controller.
earl

It is an electric smoker, better than burning down the house with a toaster oven, $300 is cheap.

[Image: HG1aB7bxOBI0d8tAxQB5iKKlYv89uXFgfMkrJ50_...88-h966-no]

Dry Creek Woodturning

(12-30-2018, 05:21 PM)greenacres2 Wrote: Great stuff!!  What are you using for a drying oven?  Looks like a smoker??  I've been using a toaster oven, and seeing a need to get more consistent 180 F for my Cactus juice.  Been looking for a used Dental Lab oven since adding a good temp controller will cost me $50 +/-, but i'm having trouble justifying $250 or more if i still have to buy a controller.
earl

Easy to justify.  It is YOUR smoker and for other things as well so she should love that.  IE what are you doing with that nice wood honey- You just getting using the smoker for other things so it will prove the cost of its value.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(12-30-2018, 07:31 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Easy to justify.  It is YOUR smoker and for other things as well so she should love that.  IE what are you doing with that nice wood honey- You just getting using the smoker for other things so it will prove the cost of its value.
Yes

I won't use this for any food, that's for sure. I don't like being poisoned.

Dry Creek Woodturning

(12-30-2018, 04:20 PM)AnthonyYak Wrote: [Image: tEvaKw8Fwg9FB7HXZHu3XA5CnHJ6v5peD65OlkSt...59-h966-no]

How did you do the vacuum hose?  I got a 24 quart stainless steel pot like yours from ebay for $21 with the gauge but I still need to put on the top and insert the gauge thru the hole in some 1/2" plexiglass.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Plexi breaks down with Cactus Juice. I bought the set up, glass lid

Dry Creek Woodturning