Rough Cut lawsuit
I haven't ran across anything
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

If you look at Tommy Mac's FB page, it appears he's already sold his home and most of his tools. We can't know for sure, but I suspect he was forced to do that to pay for lawyer's expenses. He's working making small stuff, using a job site table saw. How sad, considering when he was doing the show he was at the top of his game, success-wise.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(01-05-2019, 03:58 PM)AHill Wrote: If you look at Tommy Mac's FB page, it appears he's already sold his home and most of his tools.  We can't know for sure, but I suspect he was forced to do that to pay for lawyer's expenses.  He's working making small stuff, using a job site table saw.  How sad, considering when he was doing the show he was at the top of his game, success-wise.

That is sad, I wish him well and I'm sure he'll lift himself by the bootstraps and move on.
Bruce.
(08-13-2018, 07:34 AM)AHill Wrote: I went to WGBH's website today and there is zero evidence of Rough Cut.  It's not listed on their show list.  The only hit you get when searching their website is a 2 minute trailer for the show.  Previous shows are linked from the Fine Woodworking website.

Rough Cut (the newer one with Fine Woodworking) has been on WGBH in Boston every Saturday afternoon.  Lately they have been repeats.  I'm writing this on 01/09/2019.
(01-09-2019, 10:17 AM)joespehar Wrote:      Rough Cut (the newer one with Fine Woodworking) has been on WGBH in Boston every Saturday afternoon.  Lately they have been repeats.  I'm writing this on 01/09/2019.

There were 13 episodes for the season. Airing the show every Saturday afternoon, it doesn't take long to get to the point where they have to rerun them.

It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. I'd be surprised if WGBH's legal team slipped up on this at the beginning but maybe they did. Obviously someone misunderstood the situation before they even got started with recording the first episode.
(01-05-2019, 03:58 PM)AHill Wrote: If you look at Tommy Mac's FB page, it appears he's already sold his home and most of his tools.  We can't know for sure, but I suspect he was forced to do that to pay for lawyer's expenses.  He's working making small stuff, using a job site table saw.  How sad, considering when he was doing the show he was at the top of his game, success-wise.

Checking out his Facebook posts, I did not feel that Tommy has been struggling financially lately, and his moving might have been coincidental or have nothing to do with his lawsuit. His recent posts were cheerful, woodworking related, etc. May be I have missed the posts that revealed his financial ruins?

I know nothing about Tommy's game plan, but anyone going into a legal fight must evaluate their chances of success, study their opponents, and recognize their own financial ability to wear out the battle which can take a couple of years and much longer, if appeals are involved. You don't rely on your attorney who is really in a position of conflict of interest to tell you to push the go button when your opponents involve WGBH and Fine Woodworking.

If Tommy had to sell his assets to sustain his legal fight when the case is still under one year old, he would have ZERO chance to continue his battle. Assuming his lawyer charged $400 an hour, and 50 hours (an on-the-high-side estimate) had been spent, it was only $20 grand in expense. Please don't tell me he had to sell assets to cover his war chest after such a small amount of spending. If he did not have at least $50 grand in his legal fund when he talked to his lawyer, he should not have kick-started his case. 

Simon

Link those posts up if you have them please. I must have missed those.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

jumping thru this thread, i see that the lawsuit is over the Rough Cut name-- but i haven't seen anything stating what exactly happened.  Did they just want to go another direction and let him go, or was there something specific that happened?

Colin

Can you provide a link to that page?
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
https://m.facebook.com/thomas.j.macdonald/

Watch his video from about a month ago wherein he talks about Murder Matters.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.