Mechanical furniture
Here’s a very nice piece of mechanical furniture
https://youtu.be/3X76u7A-7x0
(01-13-2019, 11:05 PM)Paul K. Murphy Wrote: Here’s a very nice piece of mechanical furniture
https://youtu.be/3X76u7A-7x0

Wow!  It's hard to even fathom where you would begin on such a project.  Art, design and master craft work - truly wonderful that it is still around to inspire.  I wonder how many craftsmen were involved and how long it took?  Thanks for the link.

Lonnie
That is a great piece.  Lots of planning went into that.  

There is a fellow over on OWWM that is building a Roentgen (sp?) desk and is posting a build along.  So far, it has been going for about 3 years and is about half done. I recommend checking it out if you have some time. It is quite the project.
Good heavens. What a piece of craftsmanship.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I’ve been following the construction of that Roentgen reproduction with great interest.
(01-16-2019, 08:59 AM)Paul K. Murphy Wrote: I’ve been following the construction of that Roentgen reproduction with great interest.

Can you post a link to the reproduction, I did a few google searches but am coming up blank.
I wonder how long that took to make? It's superb craftsmanship. I'm only a couple of hours away from that museum, but I suspect the desk just sits there without any demonstration of its features. Thanks for sharing the video, Paul.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(01-16-2019, 09:09 PM)barryvabeach Wrote: Can you post a link to the reproduction, I did a few google searches but am coming up blank.

OWWM Roentgen desk

Hope this works.
That's pretty incredible. 

It seems inconceivable, but Roentgen's cabinet making skills don't seem to have been universally appreciated.

C&P from Wikipedia;

According to his biography in the Encyclopædia Britannica Eleventh Edition of 1911, Roentgen was not a great cabinetmaker: "His forms were often clumsy, ungraceful, and commonplace; his furniture lacked the artistry of the French and the English cabinetmakers of the great period which came to an end about 1790.

I know that a pretty high standard was set, but "clumsy, ungraceful and commonplace" sure don't come to mind when I watch that video.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Stav,  thanks for the link,  it worked for me.